Chapter 4

Next Day...

Namikaze Compound

"Aniki I'm leaving for the exams." Naruto said.

"Be careful." Kenshin said.

"Hai." Naruto said before running away

"So that's your brother huh tou-san?" Shinsuke said as he came out of the shadows.

"Hn." Kenshin said.

Shinsuke's eyebrows twitched at his reply. Kenshin smirked when he sensed his irritation.

"It's good to see you again Shin." Kenshin said.

"Hai."

Kenshin frowned. "Listen. I am sorry for leaving all the-"

"It's fine. I understand." Shinsuke cut in.

Kenshin smiled slightly. "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

"Now, why don't we start drinking?" Shinsuke said with a familiar glint in his eyes.

Stars appeared in the blonde's eyes. "Really?!"

"Hai."

"If you are lying..."Kenshin unsheathed his katana with his thumb. "...You will be dead before you know what hit you understand."

Shinsuke sweatdropped. "Hai, no need to get violent." He said as he brought out the sake and two cups.

"Humph."

"Here." Shinsuke said as he poured the sake in a cup and handed it to the blonde.

Kenshin nodded as he took the cup from him.

"Aren't you going to go and oversee the battles?" Shinsuke said as he looked at Kenshin who seemed to be in heaven while drinking the sake.

Kenshin narrowed his eyes. "This is more important than some exam."

Shinsuke sweatdropped again. "You know I bet anyone can take you down if they threaten your sake."

Shadow covered Kenshin's eyes, and it gave him an eerily look that scared the brunette. "Whoever dares do that I will rip them to pieces after torturing them slowly and painfully. As they watch their loved ones die and then and only then will they have my permission to die. And then I will hang their remaining body parts in front of everyone to see. If they are the leader of a village, I will start a war and massacre them and their village brutally." he said as he let out killer intent.

Shinsuke sweatdropped. "T-That's intense. I-I mean you wouldn't start a war or torture them right?"

"Of course, I will."

Shinsuke's eyebrows twitched and sighed.

.

.

2 hours later

Hokage's Office

"Where have you two been? The exams have already started." Hiruzen said as he looked at Kenshin and Shinsuke.

"I had an important business that I had to deal with." Kenshin said stoically.

Hiruzen raised an eyebrow. "Oh? And what was that?"

"I was drinking sake."

Everyone facefaulted while Shinsuke facepalmed at his blunt reply.

THAT'S YOUR IMPORTANT BUSINESS?! everyone thought.

"Ahem, anyway the written exam has finished, and you should know that Naruto passed."

Kenshin nodded. "That's good. Because if he did not, I would have to tor-teach him again." The blonde smiled sadistically.

Everyone shivered at his expression. Especially the brunette who had experienced his tor-teachings firsthand.

"Hm?" Kenshin narrowed his eyes when a certain snake passed him in disguise and tensed.

"Is something wrong Kenshin-sama?" Asuma said as he noticed the change in the demeanor of the blonde.

"It seems the traitorous snake has come out to play."

Everyone's eyes widened.

"Are you sure?!" Hiruzen said.

"Hai. Do not alert anyone else than the ones gathered here." 

"Why?" Kakashi said.

"Because he will get suspicious of how we suddenly increased security. Although, send an Anbu squad to the forest before the second part of the exams start. Also, I think I know what he's after." Kenshin pointed out.

"What is it?" HIruzen said.

"The Sharingan." Shinsuke said.

"That's right." Kenshin said confirming the brunette's answer. 

Their eyes widened.

"Since Uchiha Itachi is stronger than him, it must be that bratty brother of his. Uchiha Sasuke. And if that is true, that puts Naruto in danger." Shinsuke said while frowning.

Hiruzen nodded gravely. "Anbu!"

"Hai, Hokage-sama?!"

"Go to the Forest of Death and do not inform Anko!" Hiruzen said firmly.

"Hai!" The Anbu said.

"Shinsuke follow me!" Kenshin said as he started leaving the room.

"Hai tou-san!" Shinsuke said.

When the Kenshin and Shinsuke left, silence filled the room.

"Hang on a minute did he just call him tou-san?!" Kurenai shouted.

"Hai." HIruzen sighed.

"But...but...WHAT?!" everyone shouted.