America's Nightmare

He was walking in the streets of New York. It was a pretty normal day. But something was off.
The air was a bit thicker and heavier than usual. Also, the sky was grey like it was going to start raining any time now. But it didn't.
He then saw his big brother, England.
"Hey! Iggy-dude!" he shouted, but there wasn't any response. That kind of annoyed him, so he went up to his brother and tapped his shoulder.
But as he was about to say something - England disappeared. His brother turned into ashes and flew away with the wind.
America was terrified, but then he thought 'Hey! Isn't it some sort of illusion?'
And so he shrugged it off and walked away.
After some time, he decided to head home. The air had gotten even thicker than before. Much thicker. It was hard to breathe.
When he was near, he saw Canada's hoodie laying in front of his door.
"Are you trying to prank me?!" he yelled, and laughed. "It's not working, you know?!"
It was working. He was terrified by how real it all felt...
He was about to open the door, and someone tapped his shoulder, left to be specific, but when he turned around he saw no one. At least no one alive.
He saw people dying out of the loose of oxygen. Then the buildings started collapsing as America started to feel dull pain in his airways and heart. He realized...
...it was the end of the world.
He started disappearing, turning to ashes, as the town collapses - starting with fingers and toes, then arms and legs, shoulders and hips, and finally straight to the heart until he painfully-

"AAAHHHH!!!" America fell back and on the floor along with the chair he was sitting on.
Everyone looked at him weirdly.
"Are you alright, America?" asked England. "You look kinda horrified..."
America just smiled his usual smile. "Of course I am! Heroes are always alright!"
After the meeting, when he got home, he broke down. He fell to his knees and started crying.

It wasn't first time it happened. But it also wasn't last...