Chapter 14: Nice isn't nice

Hoseok's Pov:
After a while of running, we finally settled down and sat next to a big oak tree. It had no leaves and it seemed very hollow just like us. I looked back to see nothing in the distance, we really have gone far with the journey to Busan. "Jimin, how much trail do we have left?" I asked. He pulled out the map from his backpack and pencil. He began to use the pencil to outline how far we were. "Just a month away maybe. Probably? I don't know!" He exclaimed as he sweated a little. "What do you mean by that?" I asked, panicking a little. "We went completely off our original plans. We're not even on the correct road anymore." Jimin explained as he turned the map around to show us. "Jimin Hyung, you're gonna have to show us because we're too stupid to understand this." Jungkook spoke as he stared at the map in confusion. I gently hit his arm with my elbow to which he responded by rubbing his arm and glaring at me. "Anyway, I marked a lot of stuff as I noticed the map. I would know we're in the correct path by all these marks I made. Now, we're completely lost since these marks don't add up." Jimin explained, pointing at specific spots on the map. I nodded slowly as I tried my best to understand what was going on at hand though I couldn't understand much, I knew one thing. We are lost in the middle of nowhere. "Jin Hyung, what are we going to do?" Jimin asked as we all stared at him. I noticed the state Seokjin was in, he held his legs close to his chest and his eyes seemed quite dull like one of a doll.

"Jin?" We all questioned. He suddenly turned to our direction with eyes full of life. "Yes?" He asked, smiling. "Seokjin Hyung, please stop lying with that smile. Are you okay?" Yoongi asked as he crossed his arms. "Yes, I'm okay. Everything is nice at the moment." He replied. I could feel myself tense up. Did he really just say that? How can someone say that at a time like this when everyone is suffering? "You sure? You looked really down." Yoongi asked once again. "I'm fine, stop asking. Everything is okay. Everything is nice." He replied, looking away. I couldn't help myself as I made my way toward him.

I grabbed Jin by his shoulders and pulled him closer to me as I glared at him. "Do you have any idea what "nice" means? It means it's okay but, I can try better. But, we're trying! We're failing. Nice is a word to describe failure in the kindest way possible! NICE ISN'T A GOOD WORD AFTER ALL!" I yelled at him as tears rolled down my cheeks. I could see him shake in fear as he sweated a little. "Sunshine, please stop." Jungkook pleaded as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me! This whole time, we've been living a lie! Nothing is nice! I want everyone to stop saying that! Why can't we just accept the fact that everything has gone wrong. So wrong." I responded, falling to my knees. Jungkook slowly put his arms around me as I cried out. What is going on at this point? Nothing is right. Nothing is okay. When can we stop lying to ourselves? "You're right, Hoseok." I heard Seokjin speak. I looked back to see him smiling through tears that kept streaming down his face. "Nice isn't a good word." He added as he looked down.

Everything was silent after the small fight. Guessing everyone discovered my true nature, to say the least. Jungkook continued to hug me tightly. Jimin stood against the tree staring at the map. Jin stared off into the distance probably wondering about his encounter with Namjoon. Taehyung and Yoongi decided to take a short nap as they cuddled next to one another. It was a short break, a mental health one before we continue the journey. But, how? We don't know where we are. "I can help you guys." A voice spoke and everyone perked up. Taehyung and Yoongi woke up from the sudden unknown voice. We all looked in the direction of the voice and noticed it was behind the tree.

A girl appeared before us.