Chapter 19: My Roommate

Jin's Pov:
A knock was heard at my door and I turned around. I knew who it was, I could feel his very own presence. I slowly walked over to the door, hesitation growing steadily with every step. My hand is placed on the knob and I turn it as the door opens. My dark bedroom is suddenly filled with light coming from the hallways. I see the person standing there, Joonie. "Hey, why are you here?" I asked. Joonie looked confused on what to do so, he signaled it by using his body motions. He put his hands together and his head rested on them as his eyes closed. My mind went back to when he would sleep on his desk from working so hard on music. "You want to sleep and with me?" I questioned, silently hoping that was what he wanted. He nodded quickly and I lent out a small smile as I stepped out of the way. Joonie walked into my room and the door was shut behind him. The lights turn on but, it wasn't too bright more like an earlier sunset rising over a darkened town. "First, I want to run a sort of test. Don't worry, I won't harm you." I stated as I lend him to a seat. He sat down and I went over to a drawer with a plate of fake fruit set on top of it. I took out a knife from one of the cabinets and started cutting a fake apple. I hummed softly and I could feel Joonie's eyes on me with confusion. "Ow! I cut myself with the knife!" I exclaimed as I looked at my finger which had a cut on it with blood spilling out slowly. I could hear him let out a sound that would close to gasp.

"Do you want a slice while I go clean this cut?" I asked as I put the plate in front of him. Putting my bleeding finger on the plate as I stared at him intensely. I noticed how panicked he looked even for a zombie. He kept looking at the fake slice but, his eyes kept darting at my finger. He licked his lips every time he saw my finger but, he shook his head as he forced himself to stare at the fruit. He slowly took the plate and picked up the piece of fake fruit.

He examined it for a bit until he threw it at a wall and licked the plate that had my blood on it. I sighed softly and took a water bottle as I cleaned my finger with it. As soon as the blood stopped dripping and I turned back to look at Joonie. He looked away from my stare and handed the plate to me. I took it from him and placed the plate in its original location. I leaned on the drawer as I crossed my arms, my stare never leaving from him. Joonie fiddled with his fingers and continued to ignore me.

"Well, I can conclude that wounds and the scent plus look of blood makes you go all rapid crazy that you would drink it." I stated as he finally looked into my eyes. I could see how his eyes looked different from his old human ones. His human eyes were a nice shade of brown that was a delight to see and it shined whenever possible or when he smiled. Now his eyes were dead, his eye color was black with white pupils that showed no emotion. But, either way, I could see that he deeply regretted what he chose to do.

"It's fine, it was just a test. Don't feel so guilty about the results." I spoke as I ruffled his hair. He nodded as he showed a quick smile but, I could still see he had dimples which I was happy to see again. To see his dimpled smile is great, it's like another successful date ending with a cute dimple smile and then, a kiss. But, now, I'm guessing he has no memory so, I should probably test his memory next time. He stood from his chair as he stared at one another in silence.

"Joonie, do you want to become human again?" I ask. He looks down for a moment, probably to think. He finally looks up as he nods. He does which means I can try to find a cure for him and other zombies! "Where do you wanna sleep?" I ask and he points toward the floor. I give him a confused glare but, nodded anyways. I go to my bag and take out a separate blanket and small pillow. I place them on the floor and tidy them up in a neat position.

"It's not the best bed but, it'll do for now. Sorry about the floor, it's really hard." I speak as he lays down on the floor. Pulling the blankets over him as I turn off the lights in my room. I slowly make it to my bed and tuck myself in. "Good night, Joonie. I'll find a cure for you, I promise." I spoke as I rolled over to face the wall. I slowly close my eyes until my eyes widen at the surprise I heard.

"N-Night...Thank..." Joonie mumbled out the noises before the room turned silent yet again.