Chapter 7: A Different Point of View

Hello! I'm back with another chapter!

I have a lot of apologizing to do. I am terribly sorry for the super long wait. I wasn't feeling the writing spark and was having a hard time. Thank you guys so much for your patience and understanding. It means a lot to me. Now, I have a lot of thank yous to make-

Thank you to LolaP1, TheRiordenTimes, BookishBaudelairs, mimimimi890765143, Fitzphy, Fluffybear9, SophShips, 21Bmadi, imbusyreadinghistory, Allicat1223, Magic810, Sorrel18, glitterchee, NorahBoice, wolfygurrl, CrystalLegacy, CutePanda15, MKramer20, Kitty6158561322, and kotlcSuperFan for commenting! I read every comment, and I love it!

A great big hug to Spaaarkles, Gbergren, fuzzysocks14, Lillyfluff13, kotlcshipper, ZoeS77, Sophitznowandforever, imbusyreadinghistory, Allicat1223, Sorrel18, XuanToThePowerOf2, glitterchee, CTidwell7, sk0923, CutePanda15, MKramer20, SophieVacker78, ChitraGangadharaLex_Soccer18, srue7939, MayrimTheTiger, and LillyFluffy for adding this story to their reading lists. I am truly honored.

Thank you so much to vackerfamily, LolaP1, TheRiordenTimes, SophShips, hershey2007, and Sophitznowandforever, 1234KOTLC, Sorrel18, glitterchee, CutePanda15, and SophBelle2 for voting. It always brightens my day!

A HUGE thank you to Fitzphy, TheRiordenTimes, kotlcshipper, CutePanda15, and MKramer20 for following me!!! Thank you so much! 😊😁😍

Now we should probably get onto the next chapter! (P.S. It's from Biana's POV)

Biana mingled with the other girls at the Gala, talking and laughing. It had been awhile since she had gotten to catch up with her other friends. The constant battle with the Neverseen took up most of her life. She loved hanging out with Sophie, and didn't regret becoming a member of the Black Swan, but wished she had a little more free time.

Biana spied Linh though the crowd, deep in conversation with a group of girls from Foxfire.

Ariana? What is she doing here?!  Biana thought, her face twisting into a scowl.

"Linh!" She called, making her way though the crowd to her friend, "Linh!"

Linh either didn't hear her, or ignored her.

"Biana!" A voice exclaimed.

Biana winced. Her mom had seen her. She turned guilty towards the sound of her mother's voice. Her mom stood there with her hands on her hips.

"Tell me, just what do you think you're doing." Della asked, raising her delicate eyebrow.

"Nothing."

"Hmm. Nothing. It's definitely not nothing, sneaking into your brother's Winnowing Gala."

"I know." Biana replied.

"This is not allowed and you know that. This is Fitz's Gala, your's will arrive soon, if you can be patient. . ."

Biana only half listened as Della continued to lecture her. She had noticed Linh getting more and more worked up. She shifted a little to the right, trying not to attract her mother's attention as she continued to watch Linh, Ariana and the rest of the girls in the group. She watched as they turned to follow Sophie and Fitz out the door.

"Excuse me." Biana asked her mother as she hurried out the door.

"Biana!" Della called after her, "Biana, I'm not done talking to you!"

Biana ignored her mother, pushing though the crowd and running outside.

It was dark, and there was no sign of which path Linh and Ariana, or Sophie and Fitz had taken. There were several paths leading away from the building. She knew the left two led towards the entrance gates, and the right one led towards the gardens, but she couldn't remember where the middle three led, except that it was somewhere deeper into the grounds.

She hesitated, trying to make up her mind. She tried to think about where Fitz and Sophie would go, but she couldn't decide. Biana changed her tactic and started eliminating places she knew they wouldn't go. She was down to two and took a spontaneous guess, running down the second path to the right.

I hope I chose correctly.  She worried.

She stopped and glanced around. It was dark and there was no sign of anyone, especially not Fitz, Sophie, Linh, or Ariana.

"Ugh!" Biana groaned.

She ran back up the path and hurried down the other path, her dress swishing around her legs. She was walking past a stone wall covered in flowing vines, when she heard loud voices. Brushing away some vines, she saw a small stone door. She pulled it open and stepped out to see Sophie sitting by herself. Ariana was yelling at her, and Linh was standing quietly behind, staring at the ground.

Biana could see Sophie trying desperately to hold it together.

"Hey!" Biana shouted.

Ariana spun around sharply, with a glare. Hands on her hips, she scowled at Biana.

"What are you doing here?" She spat.

"I'm here because you're yelling at my friend." Biana replied coolly, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm helping out my friend." Ariana answered gesturing to Linh.

"Since when do you hang out with her?" Biana asked Linh.

Linh didn't answer and Ariana replied for her, "Since she discovered that Sophie was a jerk."

"Sophie is not a jerk!" Biana replied hotly, "And Sophie's a better friend then you'll ever be!"

Thanks for reading! Comment if you liked! Updates will be more regular now.

Stay Magical!

DRAGONWRITER13😘