Tension

*Hayden's POV*

'She's better than what they told me. Just like everyone else is stupid.' The voice in my head told me.

'Yeah I know.'

'Good.'

Looking at Ace and Mia was too much to bear. I jumped down from Carter's shoulder and walked out. I ran back to the HQ without anyone noticing. I grabbed my headphones and iPod and started blaring ISSUES; They were my favorite band ever. Helped me calm down when I was nervous or upset like now. Pretty soon I heard the door unlock and open.

'I bet they brought Mia with them.'

And how right I was. I heard her speaking and just peered out of the room. I bit my tongue so I wouldn't start my ramble of lies like I do with people I dislike. Perks of being a compulsive liar. Then Ace saw me.

"Foxie." He said while I was walking past him.

"Mission." I said slipping my dagger into my jean pocket.

"Oh yeah! Look Mia we have some beef with this small annoying gang. It's not anything serious so you can stay here with Solis and Luna ." Ace said to Mia.

'Don't leave the poor dog with her." I muttered under my breathe.

"Alright." Mia replied.

"I'll stay home too. Solis has to go for her walk." I said letting her jump into my arms.

"I'm not sure that's such a good idea." Ace said

"Nobody asked you Snake. I said sneering at him.

"Uh-okay fine stay home. We'll be back in an hour."

"Good luck." Reign whispered in my ear.

I nodded. Then I realized what I said. I never called Ace Snake unless I was really mad at him. To me Snake was a vile nickname that I had no idea why he name himself that until I got really pissed. Now was one of those times. Except it doesn't count because he doesn't know how I feel and even if he did, it still wouldn't couldn't because it's not like he feels the same. Shaking out of my thoughts, I realized Mia was standing there.

"Look I'm going to take Solis and Luna for a wa-"

She cut me off. "Stay away from Ace."

"Excuse me?" I said dropping Solis's leash.

Solis and Luna started to growl. I thought they liked Mia and Solis and Luna only growled at- People to be cautious of. Am I right about Mia?

"You heard me. Ace is MINE. NOT YOURS UNDERSTOOD? Wait maybe you didn't because you're actually stupid to enough to think he likes you." She smirked at me.

"What the hell?! You're just some self absorbed 14 year old. I'm only tolerating you because of my friends."

She stepped closer to me and whispered, "They don't even need you. They only recruited you because I was gone. Ace is only being nice because he doesn't want you to go all freak mode on him. They all hate you. Even your family does. That cousin of yours- she's so much better."

Then I remembered what happened in school earlier. Brittany became friends with Mia and vandalized my locker. It took 2 hours to clean up.

Mia is just like her. She's just like everyone else who judges me. Everyone else who hates me. And in that moment, I punched her in the nose. Blood started pouring out. I picked up my backpack full of essentials, Solis's leash. My