Memories

*Hayden's POV*

My alarm ringed too loudly for my liking, waking me up too a full jolt with my dagger in my hand. I looked around. No attacker, of course. I checked my alarm, 7:00am it read. I sighed. I threw a pillow at Reign across the room.

"Five, wake up!" I yelled

"No." She muffled into her pillow.

I smirked.

"Fine." I said sneakily

I ran to her side of her room and picked up her bow and arrow. I shot an arrow at her bed head. Yes I do know how to shoot, I took archery classes when I lived with my parents. Reign instantly shot up and death glared me. I ran all the way to the living room with my outfit for school, phone and headphones in my hand. There I saw Ace, Derrick and Nolan playing video games in their pajamas on our plasma flat screen tv. And Carter already eating breakfast fully dressed. Punctual Carter. If you're wondering, we live in a big condo in New Jersey, it was once owned by Reign's older brother, Michael and now it's Reign's so we live here. I sighed. I walked lazily past them to the bathroom.

"Hey guys."

"Morning Foxie." They replied in union.

"Wait Foxie, I have a gift for you." Ace said.

I turned around.

"Really?"

"Yeah, it's 1 year remember?"

I nodded. 1 year ago I left my family for the gang.

Flashback: 1 year ago, March 12, 2013 - March 17, 2013

"Elizabeth Johnson!" My mother screamed at me.

"What?!" I screamed back.

"What's this?! A LETTER FROM YOUR SCHOOL!"

My eyes gasped. My mother started to read it aloud.

"Dear Mrs. Johnson,

We'd like to inform you that your daughter, Hayden Elizabeth Johnson has been kicked out of Dew Academy for the following reasons:

Destruction of school property

Fighting with other students

Disrespecting her Art teacher, Ms. Farrer

Skipping class

Smoking and drinking during school hours

~

We have already placed Hayden into Wayne Public High School. Her first day is March 14th, 2013.

Please Note: Hayden is and was an excellent student. Perfect grades and perfect behavior till recent events. Please talk to her about these actions.

Sincerely,

Headmistress Caroline Heathers

-

'So they finally caught up.' I thought

My mother was furious. She was red as tomato.

"You're an ignorant little brat! After all your father and I have done for you, this is how you repay us?! And look at the way you dress and act! You might as well be a boy! Skateboarding, smoking, drinking, rock music, sneakers, hoodies and all that nonsense! You are no daughter of mine! You're not the perfect daughter I always wanted."

I glared at her.

"I hate you, you judgmental
bitch" I spat.

I packed all my stuff and walked out of the door.

"Where are you going?" My mother screamed

"Far away from here." I replied not looking back

-

5 days later

School was great! Let me stop lying, it was hell inside and out. I was still living on the streets. I had no idea that my life would change till March 17, 2013. I was getting beat up at school once again, except this was behind the school during 5th period.

"Ugly faggot"

"Nerdy freak"

"Emo bitch"

"Go kill yourself"

These words were repeated over and over again. I started to cry. They laughed and starting kicking and punching me harder. Then I heard a gun shot. They all jumped alarmed and looked up at the top of the building. Two figures appeared in black hoodies, their faces not shown.

"Let her go", a masculine voice said.

Kyle (one of the bullies) smirked.

"What if I don't want to?"

The other one pulled out a gun and they both jumped down. He/she put the gun on Kyle's forehead.

"Say I won't shoot." An angelic voice said scarily

All their eyes widened. And they ran away.

"Thank you so much, what can I do to repay you?" I asked sincerely

"Come with us." They repeated in union.

They led me to a dark alley and pulled off their hoods. A boy with short brown hair, emerald eyes, fair skin and was standing in front of me. He was the most handsome guy I've ever seen. The girl pulled off her hood; she has pastel blue hair, light skin, hazel eyes and snake bites.

"I'm Ace and this is Reign but call us Snake and Five." Ace said

"Um... I'm Hayden."

"Ugh, let's cut to the chase. We want you to join our gang, Hayden." Reign said bluntly

My eyes widened.

"WHAT?!?! A GANG?!? NO!"

Ace shook his head.

"I knew she'd act like this. We've been watching you. And you're just like us, you've got a lot of potential; I've seen you shoot a bow and arrow, make quick escapes and just survive." Ace said calmly

"SO YOURE STALKERS?!?! WHY WOULD I GO ANYWHERE WITH YOU?!"

"We just saved your life. They had knives and you knew it. And we know you've been on the streets. Don't you need a place to stay?" Reign replied coldly

"I-I..."

I sighed and nodded.

"Then let's go." Ace said.

I followed and they explained everything. Apparently their gang is called the Poisoned Daggers and they live in New Jersey (it was very tiring to walk 10 miles to the van and then drive to NJ from NY) and there's also Derrick & Nolan "Winged & Crooked" and Carter "Guard" and they weren't much older than me. They didn't seem like bad people although I was hesitant.

I felt as if this was a new start for me and I was willing it chase it.

*Present Day*

"Hayden! Foxie! Earth to Hayden!" Ace said trying to get me back to focus.

I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Sorry I was just caught up in my thoughts."

"Oh alright. Lift up your hair." Ace said.

"Why?"

"Just do it Johnson."

"Fine." And I did what he said.

Ace wrapped a beautiful diamond locket with a red heart inside. There was a picture of the gang and I inside. In graved on the back was, 'Poison Daggers; Here For You And Always' I read aloud smiling and looked up at the gang smiling back at me.

"C'mon guys, we've got to get ready for school."