yellow

A few days had passed since Zelda and Link had returned from Kakariko Village. After staying the night at a nearby stable, the two headed home to the castle. Zelda still found herself truly unable to speak her feelings to Link, that of which she knew she had. Every time she caught him looking her way, her heart thumped faster in her chest, sounding like a herd of moblins running down a hill. Every time he cracked a joke, a smirk formed on his lips, most of the time accidental.

Zelda felt as if she was unable to keep her eyes off of him.

After they arrived at the castle, Zelda returned to her normal, every day duties. She had gone two days since their trek to Kakariko without seeing Link. His absence was a bit strange to her, however. She was a bit used to seeing him around.

Zelda wondered what Link was up to as a new knight. However, her short thoughts were stopped abruptly when Mipha came charging in through Zelda's bedroom door.

"Mipha!" Zelda cried, astonished at the Zora's speed whilst on land. "What's the matter? Is everything alright?"

Mipha huffed, bending over her knees to catch her breath. Soon after, Urbosa followed in as well. Her eyes were wide as she clutched her scimitar that rested against her hip.

"Lady Urbosa!" Zelda called as she entered the princess' room.

"He's back," Urbosa grumbled.

Zelda's stomach dropped to the floor. "Who?"

Mipha coughed, clearing her throat completely, before taking Zelda's two, shaky hands. "Philip. He's come to ask you for your hand yet again."

"I forbid him from entering my castle!" Zelda yelled angrily, slamming her fist against the frame of her bed.

"Technically..." Urbosa began, mumbling her sentence softly.

"Technically, what?" Zelda pressed on. Sweat began to form above her eyes. She clenched her fists.

Mipha frowned. "It isn't your castle, your highness."

Zelda's fists uncurled from her palms. She stared at Mipha silently, internally praying that her father wasn't about to force her to marry Philip.

There was a forceful knock on Zelda's balcony window. She faced it, gliding across the floor quickly to reach it. Pulling back the curtains, Revali was revealed, standing with his wings on his hips. He stared at Zelda, wide eyed, as she opened the balcony door.

Without asking to be let in, Revali strolled through, nodding a quick hello to Urbosa and Mipha. "I overheard your father," Revali began swiftly, pacing across Zelda's room. "Now, please don't throw me under the bridge when I tell you this, if you go to argue with your father about it—"

"Slow down!" Zelda panted. "I can barely understand you, Revali. Please, tell me what's the matter with my father."

"So, you see..." Revali sighed. "He invited Philip back to the castle."

"Old news," Urbosa smirked.

Revali groaned. "Let me finish!"

Mipha snickered.

"He didn't just invite him back here," Revali said in a quiet, dark tone, "he invited him back here to start fresh."

"Why would I need to start fresh with someone I hate?" Zelda rolled her eyes.

Urbosa's smile faded, as did Mipha's smirk.

Zelda looked at her friends. "What? What is it!"

"He's going to force you into marriage, Zelda," Revali finished. "He said he needs to step down from the throne soon, as he is coming to old age."