Chapter Three part Three

We followed the frail man up a set of wooden stairs to the second floor we came upon a split. To the left was a hallway with various plain doors and on the end was a set of double doors and to the right was a large open area that resembled a lounge.

We continued to follow the gentleman to the end of the hallway where he opened the doors and invited us in.

The room was large and gave the vibe of a principles office. The was a large desk that looked to be made of the stump of a large tree, in front of it was a brown fur love seat.

The room was surrounded by built-in book shelves stocked full of books like a library.

Sitting behind the desk in question was a lady. Her beauty was something to behold. She was writing something and didn't look up to make eye contact until both Damara and I was standing directly in front of her desk.

Her green eyes were protected by a set of rectangular glasses that made her seem like a strict teacher.

Her attire was a comfortable looking long one-piece toga and didn't fit her appearance from the neck up; I expected a pants suit.

Her eyes found Damara before me; she looked very disinterested in her. Then to me.

"Gasp,"

She just gasps at me, she was visibly surprised by something, and she crossed her legs and squirmed in her chair.

"Are you serious?" Damara was the first to speak breaking the thick silence in the room.

"Ahem, my name is Laura Barrington, I am the guild master of Falmouth City."

During her introduction, she was trying to avoid eye contact with me but was still stealing glances after every other word. She was visibly distracted and was the opposite of the stern person I saw when I first came into this room.

"My name is Joten, I was under the impression that that gentleman was the guild master."

"No that would be me, that gentleman is Gary Barrington, he is my uncle and chief advisor. You guys have caused quite a stir downstairs."

"I apologize madam; however, I am just trying to register as an adventurer and sell this crystal for money to get an inn for the night."

"Madam.... I'd rather something more informal."

Her words were trailing off and her skin was flushing red, I'm not sure where this conversation was going.

"Laura please focus there are various matters to attend to," her uncle helped her regain some composure.

"Excuse me, yes that is correct the issue, however, is this Mana crystal you bought back and your exceedingly high levels, and not to mention the princess there."

"Former princess; I was exiled for breaking a taboo," Damara corrected.

"Have we broken any laws? What is the purpose of this meeting? Are we not welcomed here? If that's the case we will leav—"

"Absolutely not! One of the gravest sins for a guild master is allowing high-level adventurers to leave your city, I merely want to know of your origin and how you killed the hobgoblin."

I began explaining with very little details and with addition and subtraction of lies and facts. I gave very general information on the hobgoblin forces and advised them that they were stopped largely in part of the fairy kings strength his forces. I made myself seem like more of a supporting character.

"I see, please take these."

Necklace with silver plates were set on the desk.

"This is as high as I can rank you individually; to be promoted to gold rank you need the blessing of two or more guild master or the mayor. To reach platinum rank you need the approval of the Grand Lord and mayor or three guild masters."