Chapter Four-Tyvera

After we left the guild master's office there was still a commotion on the first floor, it seemed like word of the hobgoblin defeat was confirmed.

The Merrymaking did seem enjoyable and I was invited to partake, but the sun was descending and we still had no place to sleep.

We needed to hurry to secure a room or we will be sleeping on benches.

The guild inn was directly across the street from the guild hall. Falmouth City was huge, but they conveniently grouped things together. For example, they put the stores that sold weapons and armor close to the guild. Of course, those merchants had to pay more in taxes for more ideal locations, but it was clearly worth the cost.

The guild inn was the largest building we seen so far and the only one I seen to exceed three stories. It looked to be six stories high. The ambiance and set up matched the guildhall. To the left was a lounge with a bar where people were merrymaking and to the right was the registration counter.

As we approached the counter a large man was leaning on it looking over invoices, he didn't even look up to greet us.

"Newbies huh? We don't have any stone or bronze rank rooms available," he said.

I was really tired of people looking down their noses at me. But at the same time, this was where I was going to be resting my head, so I didn't want to cause any trouble.

I calmly slide my black card provided to me from the guild along with my silver plate under the stack of invoices he was reading.

"Oh my! My sincerest apologies. I've never seen your face around these parts I assumed you were some sort of rookie," He said flustered.

He finally picked his face up and gave us a full once over. Upon his inspection of Damara his cheeks flushed red, his eyes followed the cleavage in her dress to where her silver plate was hanging, and his redness in his cheeks expanded to his face as he was filled with embarrassment.

"So, do you have any rooms available to match our current rank?" I asked.

"Yes, right away, do you need one or two bedrooms," He asked.

"On...."

"Two!" Damara yelled cutting me off.

Well, can't say I didn't try.

"Ummm, I see I have the two-room suite available on the gold floor," he said while looking over a list.

"That would work, what's the cost?" I said.

"To apologize for my repulsive behavior, ill charge you one gold coin for ten days,"

I still didn't know if this was a discount or not, but he made it seem like it was.

He handed over the keys to me and directed me to the fifth floor. Of course, there was no elevator so we had to take the stairs all the way up.

Physically it was no problem for me, but by the time we made it there, Damara was gasping for air.

To be fair she wasn't just climbing stairs, she was also trying to keep up with my pace.

The gold floor was very nicely decorated. Marble s floors and nice crystal chandeliers illuminated the hallway.

There weren't a lot of rooms on this floor, I only counted ten doors in total, our room was at the end of the hallway, the only one with double doors.

I compare this inn to some of the fancier hotels in my previous world I would definitely say it was a major discount.

The room also didn't disappoint.