Chapter 5

Three Years Later.

Even though so much time has passed I think about her every day. After it happened I shut everyone out to the point that my dad had me start seeing psychiatrist. His name was Dr. Marcus Patrick and he was a nice guy and seemed to really care about his patient's from what I could tell. He worked with me a lot, after what happened and he still requires me to see him to this day because he just worries. I don't mind it though; it does give me a chance to get things off my chest and say things I feel I cannot normally say to my friends.

Today though, as I sat in the waiting room waiting for my appointment I met someone new. A very charming guy, who seemed a little careless. He wore black slacks with a long sleeve black shirt with his hair hanging down to his neck. He sat next to me, leaning back he looked over at me. "So what brings you to this wonderful place?"

I looked down for second, paused before answering. "I guess trying to find answers to myself." I say giving a small smile. He looked forward almost as if he was lost in thought, but there was something about him that was calm and unnerving.

"I'm here because my mother worries too much. I agreed only to make her feel calmer and not to get to worked up. She really shouldn't worry too much, but that's okay. Someone always has someone worrying about them." He turned to me and offered his hand which I shook. "The name is Jake by the way, just recently moved here."

"My name is Lilly; I have always lived here."

"It is a pleasure to meet you Lilly." He smiled as he parted his hair from in front of his face. "So you go to the local school?"

"Yes I do; will you be going there soon yourself?" I hoped so, there was something about this boy that made me want to get to know him. Something seemed interesting about him and I couldn't figure out what.

"Unfortunately yes because my mother is apparently not smart enough to homeschool me. She also says it will be better because it is not a big school like my previous one, and that small towns are great for change. Honestly I don't know if that's true or not, because this will be different than what I am use to. So tell me Lilly, what kind of town is this and what can I expect?"

I looked at him thinking about what kind of town is Magnolia. The truth was that seemed peaceful, but I don't think that was the case, but what should I tell him. "The truth is that this town is basically run by the churches, yes they do some good, but the people here are not the friendliest, they may claim to be, but they use the churches as an excuse to pass their own rules and expectations. I know a few people that are basically outcast here because of that."

He gave me a smile, "Well I see there is nothing I can really do about that except live my life my own way I guess. Nice to know it doesn't take much to be an outcast, at least I got to make a friend right." I smiled slightly, "At least I know I can make you smile as well, honestly knowing this makes me feel better, thank you for the honesty." The psychiatrist walks out and calls for him. "Well I will see you later." He gives me one last smile as he walks away, I smile to myself, grasping onto the idea that hope can be found in the simplest of things.

"So Lilly, how is your second week of school going?" Dr. Marcus was leaned back into his chair writing in his notebook, looking a little too relaxed.

"Well classes seem to be okay, art is looking to be the best class I have, Mikasa is Mikasa of course, and Mikayla is still distant as ever." That's how it's been for the past year and half though. We all kind of grew apart in our own way, then came back together, but the damage between some of us was to great it seemed and so Mikasa hangs around us, but you can tell it's just not the same.

"Have you tried talking to her? I know you been wanting to mend things Lilly, but sometimes it will take more than just her to mend the bond you have as friends. You each where affected by Lannis death, and even though you may accept it, it just takes time to heal." Hearing Lannis name was like a knife into my heart. He was right, but I guess a part of me was just being unfair.

"I guess the truth is, is that I feel like she is being unfair, Lannis was my best friend more than anything, so I guess a part of me doesn't see why she would be more affected by it, I mean why should she be?" Saying the truth like that was a little relieving, but a part of me did feel bad about what I said.

"Just talk to her about it, all it takes is just a question." That's easier said than done, I have never been good with confronting people.