Part 1 (Lilly)

"I swear sometimes Lilly you're going to be the death of me." My best friend Lannis states as she brushes my hair. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at her. I don't understand why she insist on trying to make me look somewhat decent, as she puts it. Especially since she never tries to take care of herself. Not to mention, how she never even tries to make herself look pretty. Which she could if she wanted to. She could be one of the prettiest girls in the world, but she chooses not to.

Instead Lannis looks like she has been run over.

I mean that in a nice way as well. It's just with Lannis she has so many expectations for me already and we are in the seventh grade. I mean I do care about image and my grades even though I am one of the biggest losers at school, but I am just now just started really thinking about boys and the kissing and one day falling in love. But holy crap is Lannis thinking I have to look my best for every little thing. If only she took her own advice sometimes maybe she would actually have a chance with someone.

The heck am I thinking? That couldn't happen even if she tried because Lannis has to be the most hated person in this town. Which leads me to be one of the other as well. My dad is a police officer and he has to hear about how he should not let his daughter be around some devil child. The truth is Magnolia just takes things to seriously.

Lannis smacks me and tells me to hold still. "Well if you wouldn't try to pull my hair out!" I state. She rolls her eyes at me.

"Well we need to get you ready." The event that she is getting me ready for is Halloween. It's how I know she can be beautiful, because of her cosplay she does. This year she is going as her favorite video game character. She is already dressed up; I am almost done with mine. I am going as my favorite character from Homestuck. I definitely am not rocking my outfit as well as Lannis. I think my only problem is the fact she is carrying a gun.

Not a real gun.

A bb gun and she looks intent on using it on someone. She mainly says it's for defense. But her with anything that could be considered a weapon just means trouble. I could see her shooting the wrong person and it blowing up on her. "I don't know I think I look fine." I say looking up at her. She smiled softly and I chuckled.

"Well you shall look more than fine." After she finished and got my hair the way it really needed to look. I could feel the night that was approaching. We met up with are two friends Mikayla and Mikasa; the other half of this nerd crew.

Standing here you couldn't necessary tell the difference between each of us. But we were in our own right. Lannis loved video games, Mikasa loved manga and anime, Mikayla loved to read books, then me I loved a piece of all of them. I have to like to play video games, because I have no choice to because Lannis loves playing them, I just absolutely love watching anime, and reading of course is just fun. We are a team, a piece that makes up our friendship. Of course this friendship isn't perfect and at times it feels like it will just fall apart like when Lannis and Mikasa get in their fits over which of their fandoms is the better one. Mikasa tonight is dressed as her favorite anime character. Mikasa also had Mikayla dress as something related to her costume so they could be a team of sorts. Then Lannis dressed as her favorite video game character ready to shoot someone's eye out if they cause us trouble. She looked proud, very proud.

We stood there for a minute, Mikasa and Mikayla are bickering about what exactly we should do, while Lannis looked annoyed ready to start her night on a bang. "Come on girls can we move it I need excitement to happen or I will start shooting you."

'Fine Lannis, if that's how you feel' I smirk and start running ahead laughing. "Hey! Wait for me!" She shouts and starts running after me with the other two coming right after. The night was destined to be a good night. I could tell. I don't want anything about us to change either. And why would it? We all have our quirks. The thing that binds us to each other. The reason why we are friends.

js)cj^U