Chapter 7

Dear Journal,

November 11, 2016

So it took me forever and by forever I mean a couple of hours. Damn it's been two years since I've written in this thing. So much has happened. Like I met someone today, the day of the anniversary of her death.

A boy.

Not just any normal boy you could come across. He was different. There's something about him that makes him seem trustworthy. I met him in the most interesting of ways. Magnolia isn't a big town in fact I don't even know why anyone would move here, but he did and he has.

We met as I was leaving the Graveyard, I've made a tradition of visiting her grave since... anyway we bumped into each other. Clumsy me you know. I fell back and looked up to seen him. He was wearing a pair of shades and a black suit without a tie and as he leaned down and smiled at me I felt like the whole world could slow down. "Sorry about that." He told me, "Didn't notice you there." I blushed from embarrassment.

"It's okay." I told him. I didn't feel nervous, I guess there was something about him that that made me feel at ease. He took his shades off to reveal his dark brown eyes. "You here for a funeral?" I had asked him. Which is weird because I didn't see one taking place, that's when he nodded his head.

"No." He said. "A friend. I thought I would take the opportunity and come visit them." There was a little sorrow in his eyes and I felt a connection to him instantly. That all though I don't love well not anyway. I did to get to find out a little about him and where he is from.

His name Is Jake Summers he has brown eyes and hair, the hair isn't really short but not long either it goes down to his neck. He likes dressing nice even though he doesn't have to. Unlike me which the most I wear these days is a hoodie over whatever shirt I find to wear and some shorts. It's weird but its whatever. He's originally from Greenfarrow, which is surprisingly not that far, just a couple cities over. He also said the reason he moved here was because of how bad the school gotten and the rumors going around about the people there. I think there's more to it, but he wouldn't say. I don't blame him. Sometimes it's better to leave things in the dark.

Other than that Jake can be charming. Trying to tell me how beautiful I am. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, but he insisted. Then he tried to say, "So this is this part where you say 'thank you Jake, and my aren't you the most handsome fellow around here,' I know it's a exaggeration, but it's a good one." I just laughed and started walking home which he quickly joined me. To think a day of sadness turned into a day of a little happiness at least I got the chance to forget the pain that plagues for a little while.

����r1v��8