Chapter 8

Dear Journal,

November 14, 2016

Now that school is over and my dad is in the other room watching TV I have time to right. Let me start by saying that Misake has changed over the past two years, as did Mikayla. As me and Misake grew closer, Mikayla drifted away. She still hangs around us sometime, but it's not the same. I guess nothing ever does.

Today was also the day Jake got enrolled. It didn't take him long to find me. Thankfully with us being in the same grade. He also wants to be my friend which unfortunately for him will cost him any other friendship in the town. Although I was sure Misake was going to chase him away during lunch when he sat buy us. Thankfully the existence of us at my table is nonexistent and no one ever pays attention to us. Like it's so bad the teacher calls role and people will ask who the heck that is? Seriously there's like twenty kids in my class as a whole no more no less with Jake there now. It's to the point there either being cruel or they really don't know. I don't care because it means they pretend I'm not even there anyway.

Anyway Jake sits at our table right after Misake does and commence me wanting to shoot myself because Misake just comes out and says "Jake if you're going to sit here you should know there are rules. 1 if you and Lilly decide to get together, which is okay, but I have to get my first kiss before yawl can, and if you want to date me then you should know I am totally single and kissable and..."

"Misake!" I practically yelled at her, what is her problem. I thought she went a little to far. But Jake just laughed.

"Lilly it's alright I can handle her." He told me to calm me down. "Besides I find her kind of funny." He looked at his tray then said, "So this is what they call food around here."

"Yeah I know this isn't the best, but..."

"It's nasty." Misake went on.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Well it's nice to meet you Misake." He said to her. Of course Misake already knew who he was, not to mention I just had to tell her about the other day. I sometimes question myself about my choices.

"It's nice to meet you!" I can't believe it a guy is finally sitting with us!" Her excitement didn't go unnoticed as she said it.

I told her to calm down, but Misake can never shut up about anime or boys. Sometimes both. Mikayla then sat down and I introduced her to Jake. She didn't say anything or well much at all. She definitely is not like how shy she was before. There's something different she seems more distant. Even Misake notices and complains about it and there supposed to be best friends.

"So Misake I have to say I never met anyone of you're..."

"Race." She finished saying for him.

"Yeah or well any others for that matter. Greenfarrow isn't a kind town."

"But it's a bigger school than this, I figured you would." She replied.

"Well it's not known for its sentiments." He said, "Part of the reason I left."

"I see." Was all Misake could say to that.

I looked at them both for a second and just like that the conversation was over. Jake later told me that Greenfarrow gotten to the point where the students ran the school through black mail and force. The whole city was corrupted. There wasn't much left for him and he could risk staying so he and his mother came here.

After school ended I invited Jake to dinner at my house this Friday. I also found out we got to share a few classes together like art. It will be nice to have a friend besides Misake to talk to in them.