Bus ride home

I hadn't seen Tord for the rest of the day sadly, but as I was sitting on the bus in a seat on my own someone sat next to me.

"Hello, Tom! I didn't know you rode this bus!" He said. I smiled at him, this made my bus ride much more interesting. 

"Yea I do-" As I said it a 12th grader I hadn't seen come in contact with hit Tord in the back of the head with her books.

"WHY DON'T YOU GO HOME AND TELL YOUR PARENTS NOT TO BOMB US!" She howled in anger. She let out a loud laugh as she smacked him again and walked to the back of the bus where she sat, her friends also laughing. 

"T-Tord! Are you okay?!" I said touching the back of his head where a bruise would surely form. He was crying, I had to admit that girl hit him hard, and with a stack of binders. "She's gonna get it! How dare she do that to you- Tord?" He was crying harder, but he was smiling.

"N-n-no Tom doesn't do that i-it's okay!" He said wiping his tears. And smiling again "Shes just a jerk d-d-don't give her more a-a-attention." He said his voice having random pitches in it.  

"Ah," he said touching the back of his head where some blood was spilling. "My dads g-gonna kill me..." He said more tears spilling. 

"No, he isn't don't worry..." I said putting my hand on his shoulder. He smiled rubbing the blood on his hand on his pants. 

"Hey I might have like a towel in my bookbag, GIve me a sec," I said. I slipped my bookbag off searching I found an old jacket from the year before shoved in a pocket of my bookbag. 

"Here," I said handing him the sweatshirt," Put it on your head."

"B-but tom it will be messed up, are you sure??" He said. I nodded. He held in on the back of his head.  I don't understand, all of a sudden I care for this kid. I mean he's nice so I have no problem being his friend. I like being his friend, but- why am I being I don't know- so kind to him? 

"Hey, Tom c-can I uh- give you my number?" Tord asked shyly. I nodded getting my phone from my pocket. Tord punched in his number and I sent a smiley face to make sure I have the right number. He smiled as his phone pinged and he got my smiley face. 

"Thanks, T-tom!" Tord said. 

"No problem," I said, "Hey man uh- where do you live?" I asked.

"Just down the street," He said pointing to a house just in view.

"Hey I live down 2 houses, that's cool!" I said. What a coincidence. My new friend lives like right next to me! 

"Can I walk with you, Tom?" He asked. I lit up, odd...

"Sure!" I said, ignoring that I lit up when he wanted to walk with me. We got off at the crosswalk and started to walk a block to our houses.

"So Tom uh- ill see you Tomarow I guess?" Tord said as we reached his house. I nodded and Tord smiled.All of a sudden I felt a tight grip around my torso. Tord.. Was hugging me! I felt my checks heat up and I hugged back.

"Thank you Tom..." He said into my chest."

"N-n-no problem!" I said as he let me go, "cya!" He smiled huge as he opend his door, my jacket still in his hand.