chapter 3

"Hurry up, let's take them out" he said.

                                                                               "You do it" I said

"Fine, jeez you are no fun" he said

"Oh, I am fun and you know it but this is risky" I said

"We have got to live while we are young" he said

"Life without risks is boring" the other guy said.

"That was deep" he said chuckling.

"I am not with this. I'll watch you though" I said

They got out the things from the bag. I couldn't make out what were these things because it was dark. They kicked the door of the wooden house together and one of the guys caught a light torch from the bag and switched it on and as the light was turned on, everything turned bright.

I woke up from my shattering memory and got off the bed. I was having flashbacks again in my sleep. I fell asleep after I came back from school. It was about 4 pm. someone knocked on the door and then entered. It was my mom.

"hey, you have a doctor appointment in 2 hours so how about you get up and shower because after the doctor  we are going to have a family dinner downtown , yeah?" she said.

"Okay mum. Thanks" I said and rubbed my eyes with both hands as I got off the bed to go to the bathroom.

"Okay, tren" she said calling me by my nickname and then got out.

After a refreshing shower, I went to my room to get dressed.  I wore a sleeveless white shirt and light black cardigan with jeans. I thought I could wear something casually fancy if we were going to have dinner after. I drove with mom and dad to the doctor. We arrived to the clinic and told the receptionist we had an appointment with the doctor.

I entered the room to find the doctor sitting in her usual chair with the same posture. She was sitting with her back straight and her legs crossed. When she heard the door opening she looked up and smiled when she saw me.

"Hi, Trent" she casually said.

"Hey, doc" I said and took a seat.

"How are you today?" she asked.

"The same" I answered.

"And what is your 'same'?" she asked.

"Grand, I am on a roller coaster that only goes up" I answered smiling a little.

"I watched the movie, you know, so I am familiar with the reference" she said with a wide grin on her face.

"But I read the book so I win" I said as I laid my back on the comfortable chair.

 "You read the book?" she said, clearly astonished

"Yep" I said with a smirk

"I see you are in a better mode. What is it?" she said.

''Nothing new. I just took a shower so I am feeling breezy" I said.

"So do you want to talk?" she asked

"Anything you want to talk about. Movies, books, music, food. I am ready for it."

"If you don't mind, I would like to talk about you" she said

"Okay" I said nodding.

Her eyes widened. She wasn't expecting that answer. She got over the shock quickly and returned to her plain face expression.