Missing Loved One

The covers rubbed against Sara's skin annoying her very senses everything annoyed her these days, from the covers of the bed to the ticking of the clock.

With an impatient angry sigh, Sara pushed away from the covers only then realizing that Alex was asleep, Sara's blue eyes took in the sleeping form of her lover, grateful for her presence the blonde woman softly placed her hand on Alex's shoulder her warmth seeping through her shirt met Sara's welcoming hand. The reminder that Alex was the only thing keeping Sara sane in the weeks since Quinn disappeared from their lives.

Alex has willingly joined the Legends crew in their search for Quinn, so Sara has been spared long lonely nights alone but still, the pain did not go away, only now she shared them. When the idea had first been suggested by Quinn that they, the three of them get together she'd been skeptical but at this moment Sara had never felt more grateful to have agreed.

Taking a deep breath Sara tried not to wake Alex, as she lifted herself up from the bed and walked across the room to where her cell phone sat on her desk. The pictures she looked through a lot were the last thing she'd looked at before she had turned off her phone, they were still on.

Quinn's smiling face appeared on the screen, they'd been at the bar in National City, Quinn had drunken a little too much and was in the throws of singing and dancing a little out of tune on the bar. Sara smiles at the memory before the familiar realization had kicked in.

 Sara smiles at the memory before the familiar realization had kicked in

She's gone and I don't know where she is.

The truth hit Sara like a big hammer to her chest, the thought hung over her at every moment of every day, then other worries would creep in if Quinn was gone would that mean Alex would leave too? They were only together because of Quinn, did this mean Alex was only here along for the ride to find Quinn?

A tear trailed down her cheeks escaping from her pale blue eyes, suddenly Sara knew how Quinn had felt, she realized how heartbroken she must have been. Sara had fallen in love with Quinn Wilson in the end, but she had still never fully come to understand the feelings Quinn had.

Arms suddenly wrapped around her waist and Alex's chin rested on Sara's shoulder. "Why aren't you asleep, I told you that we can't find Quinn if you are so tired you look like a zombie."

"I can just get something of Nate." Sara shrugged.

"Now as a doctor, I would have to advise against that," Alex said with a smile, it was hard trying to be strong she had to worry about Quinn and worry about leaving Kara along in National City, "Knowing Quinn she is probably hiding out in that Purgatory, drinking that Earp woman under the table." Alex chuckled.

Sara felt her blood boil. "She damn well better not be, she doesn't have permission to drink anyone else under the table."

"Err....okay, but I meant the saying not what you are thinking, Sara, yikes you have your mind n the gutter." Alex grimaced.