Ghosts

She'd done it.

She didn't know how she had done it, but Quinn had managed to escape the insanity of the house and was now happily making her way through the high street, whistling a happy tune at finally freeing herself from the built-up oppression.

Scandal had managed to launch a sneer her way, which wasn't unusual.

Quinn quickly realized that her sister was never going to be her number one fan, or even on her list of admirers at all. Quinn had to come to terms with that.

Although it was sad, and it made Quinn feel inadequate. Quinn always felt as though there was something she was missing out on a puzzle piece she could never find.

She'd needed to get out of the place, her sleepless night had been filled with hot steamy dreams of hands wondering across her naked body, soft promises whispered into her ear.

It had been after waking for the third time that she realized that there were two sets of hands.

None of them had belonged to Diana; of that, Quinn was confident. She felt sure she would have remembered red hair.

Short strands of dark red hair that her fingers itch to run her hands through.

She had managed to escape Diana's lusty intentions so far, but she was running out of excuses. There were only so many headaches she could get away with.

And she was running out of places to hide in the library from her. It was all becoming very tiring.

She had no idea where she was going, Quinn seemed to be following the lines of the sidewalk. The city is bustling around her while she had no particular place to go.

Her gaze turned to the center of the street, cars lined the opposite of each side the middle was almost deserted except one lone young man who stood eerily his eyes pierced on her.

Quinn stepped forward, then hesitated fear of something moving up her body as she stepped backward.

His handsome face was emotionless, his hair seemed to move slowly in the wind it was surreal as though Quinn was alone with him, his face grew more familiar the more Quinn watched him.

Grant.

The name came suddenly, muddled confusion gripped Quinn as she struggled with a mess of emotions, confused as to who Grant was and a crushing weight of grief.

The young man nodded as though he'd heard her thoughts, his mouth began to slowly move as he spoke. "Quinn."

Quinn blinked long and hard. "How do you know my name?"

"This is not real Quinn, none of this is real, break away from him, from them all, or you'll lose everything." The man warned his voice a hoarse whisper, but Quinn heard it clearly.

"Grant, don't go," Quinn shouted when she saw him turn on his feet. "Please don't leave me again!"

He smiled sadly. "Listen to your instinct and follow it."

"No, wait!"

"Quinn, is that you?" A familiar unwanted voice called pulling Quinn away from the image she watched as he faded away to nothing, and Quinn had to face the unwelcome presence of Diana.

"For fuck's sake, Diana, why are you following me?" Quinn angrily raged that the woman had followed her, and she couldn't escape her grasp for a single moment.

What had just happened?

Neither woman saw the lone figure of a man that stood a little further up the street hidden behind a row of cars, but he could see them, Quentin frowned at the unmistaken figure of Quinn and a woman he had never seen before.