The Almost Road To Paris

"Allons enfants de la Patrie
Le jour de gloire est arrivé
Contre nous de la tyrannie
L'étendard sanglant est levé
Entendez vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras,
Egorger vos fils, vos compagnes"

"That damn song!" Mick complained as he dragged his feet against the ancient unkept excuse for a road. They'd been traveling for hours from Marseilles and still seemed no closer to Paris. The sound of frogs again echoed hauntingly in the background as they progressed onward with purpose.

"Actually," Ray replied happily, a broad smile cut across his lips. "We are told that as the revolutionaries left Marseilles for Paris they sang this song and it is the French national anthem today."

"Frères et sœurs" The revolutionaries cries out with a pride that was equaled by nothing the Legends had ever witnessed before.

"I think Mick is right; we need to give them something different, I know!" Nate sprinted ahead of the group, rushing with all of his night until he took his place right at the front of the convoy. A happily gleam in the depths of his brown eyes as his idea twirled around in his mind. They will love this.

"If he's going to do what I think he's going to do, he's going to get himself killed." Zari pointed her finger in the air smugly.

Sara blinked, watching Nate as he braved himself barely, running his hands through his hair.

"What's he going to do?" Alex asked out of curiosity.

Sara opened her mouth to reply when from the front of the line. Nate's voice rang out loudly towards them.

"Hey guys, listen, I've been talking with some of the guys in the back there." Nate pointed back at the Legends as everyone else turned around to see them.

"Oh, this isn't good," Sara said under her breath.

"Nope, pretty sure they will not be happy." Alex agreed. "Did someone forget to tell Elvis that these guys are heading to start a revolution, chop some heads off and destroy the nobility?"

Sara squinted ahead, she foresaw soon about to happen, but there was only one way he'd learn.

"You guys know only one song, and it's boring," Nate told the revolutionaries. "You gotta mix it up, create something fun not the same old thing filled with hate, come on guys love not hate." Nate threw his arms up into the air feeling the need to rush ahead and sing at the top of his voice; it was surely something to do with the water in Marseilles he hadn't even smoked any of his stash. "You need to mix it up, so I'm taking the lead in who is next to choose the song, and we're going with the legend that is Elvis Presley."

The revolutionaries started at Nate with a blank unfamiliar expression; they wanted the song that filed them was passion and signaled their intent; they did not want what this strange sounding man was selling them.

Nate, however, was not good at reading the signs of the crowd, who'd begun to chatter and gasped out loud, grunting and shouting their disapproval. "Okay, join in when you know it, this one is one of my favorites, from the king of rock and roll, Jailhouse Rock."

"He's felling a bloodthirsty gang of revolutionaries that they need peace and love while proceeding to give them a song about guys in a jail sang by a king." Alex shook her head; nothing good would come from this.

"The warden threw a party in the county jail.
The prison band was there, and they began to wail.
The band was jumpin', and the joint began to swing.
You should've heard those knocked out jailbirds sing.
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block
was dancin' to the Jailhouse Rock."