Humanity's Struggle Part 3

Eren's POV:

I had been fighting titans for at least thirty minutes and I could start to feel the titan body being weighed down. It was getting exhausted and I could feel my mental energy being drained as well. I thought that I had killed all of the titans, but I was wrong. "Eren!!!" I heard a female voice scream. I forced my sluggish titan body to turn to the noise. It was Mikasa!!! A titan had ahold of her and she couldn't move her limbs at all. I thrusted forward and ripped off the titan's arm and broke the monster's neck. I ripped my normal body out of my titan shell and ran towards Mikasa. She was limp in the hand of the titan. I forced the fingers of the titan away from her body. I hugged her as I felt tears well up in my eyes. I couldn't help but cry about her, not waking up. I put my ear on her chest to check for a heartbeat. I could hear a faint thump in her chest. I picked her up bridal style and ran as hard as I could to the infirmary truck. I say by Mikasa as the doctors checked her out. He lifted her shirt to check her sides and I could feel my face heat up. He turned to me and blankly said,"She has three broken ribs and some internal bleeding. Nothing some rest won't fix. Just stay with her and take care of her and she will be fine." He said, as he turned to hop out of the back of the truck. "Wait! Um- do you want me to stay here with her?" I asked, dumbfounded. "Well obviously you want to stay and be with your girlfriend." The doctor said smirking. "But she's not-" I was cut off by him walking away carelessly. I looked down at Mikasa, still unconscious. "Why did you have to protect me? All I do is end up getting people killed. My mom, almost you... It's awful." I said, tears in my eyes. I felt a stray year fall down my cheek and I watched it land on Mikasa's cheek. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you..." I said, guilt in every syllable. I leaned forward and kissed her forehead. I saw her cheeks darken as her eyes fluttered open. "Eren?" she asked sweetly. I looked at her in shock. She tried to get up and a put my hand on her chest and lightly pushed her back down. "You can't get up. Doctor's orders." I said smiling at her. "Wait E-Eren why am I in here? What happened? Are my ribs okay? Wha-?" I cut her off, happy to see she she cared about her own health over me. "Mikasa." I said kindly. "Eren?" she asked staring back at me. "Stop talking." I said as I leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. She kissed back just as much as I kissed her and for the first time, I was completely and genuinely happy. "I wanted to tell you that I love you, Mikasa Ackerman." I said smiling wider than ever. "She smiled back,"I love you too Eren. I always have."

--------------------------------

Alright guys I guess this is the end of my story! I have loved writing this fanfic and I am VERY happy that you guys liked it too. I'm thinking of writing more very soon and I love you guys for reading and commenting. AOT for life<3