intro

"Lucy! Come here, now!"

"Yes, Mother." answer Lucy slowly.

Lucy is illegitimate child of Maria Putri and George Martin. Maria and her family was taken by English family from Indonesia to be a servant in their house. Then, she met George. a young lad, dressed in a suit who was riding a bike towards post office. Maria was intrigued.

she followed George to the post office, and tries to help him when she sees he was struggling with his bike. 

"Here, let me help you, sir." says maria with her heavy indonesian accent.

"Yes, thank you." answer george politely.

and after that, they see each other quite frequently, their house are not far from each other, sometimes, George would offer to walk Maria to the market, and Maria happily accepted that offer. just by that innocent action, Maria fell for George. 

And George was intrigued by Maria, as he never see a face like Maria before, you know, a Malay. with her big dark eyes, exotic skin, and curly hair. She was beautiful, and George was infatuated by her. 

they loved each other, and that lead to heartbreaks. George's father knows his son's involvement with a servant. and he didn't like it one bit. 

Maria's family wants to go back to indonesia after knowing that their presence only cause problem between the neighborhood. her involement with a young and succesfull white lad cause rejection, and discrimination become more frequent. and her family has had enough. they all not approve her relationship with George. 

George loves her. and he knows she wouldn't go back to her country if she knows it. so, he decided to choose the simple and yet most painful way to protect a person. 

"Maria, i never felt anything for you. you're just an easy shag."

slap.

"You're not even my type, you're too dark. and your thighs? those are'nt even sexy. you're fat."

slap. 

"Just go! I don't want to see you again!"

slap. 

And Maria went back home to indonesia with broken heart. 

--------------

a few weeks later, Maria realised that she's pregnant. and it's George's. the culture in indonesia caused so much pain towards Maria and Maria's family. a lot of people called her prostitute, slut, etc. this caused her being banish from her family. 

Maria was devastated. she had nowhere to go. but luckily,  she met Joko. a javanese lad, young, and most importantly, rich. Maria learned her way to Joko's heart and finally they're married. 

Joko already have 2 daughters, Arianne and Maya. Arianne is kind, a little bit rebellious and smart. and Maya is the opposite. she's cruel, a stuck up, a hypocrite, you name it. but one thing about Maya is that she's good at acting.

the moment Maria knows that she's pregnant she already hate the baby that was growing inside her, and when she was born, she directly give the nursery job to yulia, a nanny who already serving Joko's family for 20 years. 

it is in Yulia acknowledgement that maria really really really hates her daughter. so, Yulia tries to act like a mother to Lucy, not just a nanny, but a mother, she scolded her, she told her the mannerism. because of Yulia, Lucy has the golden heart. 

Yulia gave Lucy many books. her favourite is Bumi Manusia by Pramoedya Ananta Toer. it's about an indegenous that educated, persistent to reach his dream. and Lucy want to be like that. 

beside her misery at home, Joko agrees to buy Lucy piano, violin, and a trumpet. Arianne sometimes watch her play and encourage her, support her. the rest of family however, didn't like the loud noise. 

when Lucy was 12, something happened that makes Maria try to cantact George and give up Lucy. Maria wonders why she waited for so long to do this, she knows this was bound to happen and so after a few weeks, she found him and went to England with Lucy.

----------

"No!!! bunda! no, please! don't leave me, i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry i won't tell anyone please! i don't know who he is! bunda! please i'm scared!" Lucy wails. 

but Maria paid no glance to her, and throw Lucy belongings to the side of the road. 

and George watching beside the wailing girl. he's to shocked to reach out for his daughter he never knew he had, pull her in his arms, comfort her. 

instead, he's watching Maria, her ex-lover, cruelly throw her daughter belongings after a few exchange words 

"she's your daughter. her name is Lucy. i don't want her. i never wanted her."

slap.

-----------

halo, this is my first the beatles fanfiction. English is not my first language so please if there's any mistakes you can point it out so that i can fix it!

thank you so much for checking out my story please leave any constructive critisism 

xxx

Bintang