Chapter 5

I groaned as I heard my 4:30 alarm go off. It was only the second week back from summer break. I checked my phone, intending to watch a video to get me more awake.

Just to see a text message alert...

Mason-

Good morning beautiful ^-^

I smiled stupidly at my phone. It had been about a week since our first date. Since then, Mason and I have had small talk on the phone, but have texted almost all day everyday.

Morning ._.

I replied back.

Why so sour bae? ;D

He answered back just seconds later.

Even though everyone and their grandmas uses the term bae, it still melted my heart as I read this message. Even if it was just in a friendly matter.

It's morning...

Why are you so happy?

I asked generally curious.

You'll understand in about an hour.

I looked at my phone dumbfounded as to what I just read.

Is he stopping by my school today?

I thought to myself.

With that in the back of my head, I started my morning routine. Wanting to look somewhat decent, I wore a casual but chic outfit, curled my hair, and put on more makeup than usual.

An hour later, I was ready to leave my house.

My brother pulled into the senior parking lot. I was placed comfortably in the passenger seat.

Unlike most siblings, my brother and I were extremely close. Probably because of the fact that he was so protective over me.

I shoved Chris into the door frame as we entered the school. Just a few feet from the enterence, my hand was gripped firmly and dragged a few feet away from Chris.

I looked up, and there he was. Starring down on me with his beautiful eyes.

"M-Mason!" I stuttered.

I pulled him in for a hug. Ignoring all the stares we were getting from the people around us. But there was one stare I could not ignore.

I felt Chris' beading eyes like a laser in the back of my head.

"Lacey," Mason started, "the school zones changed. I'm zoned for your school now." He said with a pleased expression on his face.

By this point, Chris was walking towards us. Not exactly looking pleased.

He stared at Mason. With disgust and confusion clearly visible by his facial expressions.

"Who are you?!" Chis snapped.

"I-I'm Lauren's... uh," he stammered.

I cut him off. "He's an old friend," I explained quickly.

One of Chris' friends called his name.

"Well talk about this later Lacey,"

Chris said while turning walking towards his friend."