Chapter 7

Niela
"So where is he taking you?" Pat asks from his spot on my bed.

"I don't know."

"Do you know what you're doing?"

"I don't know."

"What are you going to wear?"

"I don't know! All I know is that I'm meeting him at the Pack House at 5:30, which is in an hour, so stop asking me questions and help me!" I say, exasperated.

As soon as Will left me at the training field earlier, I mind-linked Pat telling him everything that happened and that he had to meet me at my house immediately.

He showed up just as I was getting out of the shower, and has been watching me go through my closet for the last several minutes, trying to find something to wear.

Patrick heaves a dramatic sigh as he stands from my bed and walks over to my closet. "I'll pick something out, you just sit and relax," he says, pushing me towards my bed.

I move, gladly giving him complete control over my wardrobe.

A few minutes later, Patrick comes out with a stack of clothes. I take them silently and go to the bathroom.

Pat chose a pair of dark washed shorts and a gray ribbed racer back tank top. Comfortable for the summer heat, yet suitable for a range of activities. I exit the bathroom, showing Pat his creation. He watches me intently, his hand under his chin in thought.

"What about your hair?" He asks.

"I don't really care, as long as it doesn't get in the way." I say with a shrug. Patrick motions for me to sit in front of home, and he starts pulling strands of hair into a single braid starting at the top of my head and ending in the middle of my back.

I get up and go over to my mirror, looking over myself. I tug on the hem of the shorts, not fully liking how short they are, but letting it be. I grab my leather sandals and slip them on, and grab my phone and wallet.

"Okay, I'm ready."

***
Will is already waiting outside the Pack House. He's sitting on one of the benches outside with his head resting back against the building, eyes closed.

I allow myself to look over him freely, truly taking in his appearance for the first time in a long time.

Will's hair is a dark chocolate color, laying flat against his head, still wet from showering. His eyes are hooded my thick eyebrows, which accentuates his straight nose and strong jaw. His eyes are a rich amber; golden in the light of the setting sun.

I pause, Will's golden eyes staring directly at me. A blush takes over my entire face, surprised and embraced at being caught./My wolf just soaked it up, happy to be noticed by our mate.

I finish making my way over to Will, a small smirk on his face from what just transpired, but he doesn't say anything. I open my mouth to say something, trying to think of an excuse as to what just happened, but Will stands up from the bench, stopping me.

He takes my hand gently and starts walking in the direction of the garage.

"Where are we going?" I finally ask.