Doyoung

It is now 1:27am. God I'm tired.
I'm still working at the café that supports my daily expenses. It's summer so I don't have school and I got the REALLY early shift.

But I always try to look at the bright side. My best friend Seulgi is my shift partner during summer and plus, there's not much work because most people are asleep.

"Y/N, I'm sorry but my tummy hurts so bad" Seulgi said before running to the restroom.

5 minutes passed and she's still not going out. I got worried so I knocked on the door.

"Seulgi? Are you okay?" I asked.
"Ugh Y/N, I'm sorry but I think you need a different partner" She sounded as if she's in a lot of pain.

"Oh it's fine. Do you want me to call a taxi for you?" She needs to go home , get medicine, and to rest.
"No thanks, I already called my mom. She's on her way" She said.

"Oh and I already asked boss to send someone else to help you" I thanked her before walking towards the counter again incase a customer would come.

After a few minutes, her mother came to pick her up. I hope she's fine. I waved to her and to her mother before they drove off.

I hope my new partner would be Jungkook oppa or Eunwoo oppa. But I guess anyone would be fine as long as it's not Doyoung oppa, the playboy.

When I first saw him, I thought he would be just a normal cutie but it turned out that I was completely wrong. He will always flirt with the customers and even his co-workers including me. But these days, every time I go near him, he walks away.

Well I guess that playboy knew that it'd cost him a lot if he continued to flirt with me.

A customer came. Well, I thought so.

"You there! Come with me!" This bastard seems to be drunk.
"I'm sorry but if you won't order something, please leave" I said as polite as possible.

"Didn't you hear me? I said COME WITH ME! NOW!" He shouted. I got shocked.
"Or else-" He was about to walk towards my way when someone grabbed him by the collar.

"Who are you?! Do you want to die?!" The drunk man asked the guy that grabbed his collar as he was trying to escape his grip.

I can't see the guy's face yet.

"I'M KIM DOYOUNG YOU BASTARD!" Doyoung?
"Leave now before I send you to the hospital!" Doyoung terrifyingly said to the drunk man while showing his fist.

The drunk man went outside. I guess he was a coward after all.

After that chaotic scene. Doyoung pushed his hair back and looked at me worriedly. As if everything was in slow motion....

WHAT? NO! Everything is in normal speed!

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He asked.
"I-I'm fine" I stuttered. He nodded then smiled.

He walked towards my way.

"Why are you here?" I asked.
"Boss called me" He answered while putting an apron.

"Ah right" I said. How can I be so dumb?

Sigh... please don't flirt.

When he finished getting ready, only the awkward silence and the song 'Star Blossom' could be heard inside the café.

We only exchanged weird and awkward eye contacts.

20 minutes of awkwardness ended when he suddenly released an annoyed sigh. He also messed his hair as if he's really annoyed.

He looked at me with those eyes I've always avoided to prevent from falling in love.

"Come with me" He said while removing his apron.
"Why?" I asked.

"Nothing, just want to go out" He said as if we're not working.
"What about the café?" I asked.

"Just come with me, no one's buying coffee anyway" He said and then he walked out the door. I have no choice but to follow him.

I quickly removed my apron and ran to catch up with him.

Turned out we're not going anywhere far. We just got to the side of the building and made our way to the rooftop.

As soon as I saw the view from up here, I can't seem to take my eyes off it. I can see Doyoung staring at me at the side of my eye so I turned to look at him.

I saw something different from his eyes. I saw admiration, joy, and many more in his eyes. We deeply stared into each other's souls for a while until he looked up the sky.

"Look at the stars" He said with a soft voice then I looked up to see a sky full of stars.
"They're shining for you" He said. We caught each other's eyes again.

I'm trying hard to figure out what's that 'many more' in his eyes and also, I'm trying my best not to fall for his lies.

"Stop flirting" I said and once again looked up to admire the stars.
"I'm serious this time" I froze when he said that.

I looked at him and I figured out what's in his eyes. Sincerity.

"I always try to sound like I'm just flirting but this time I'm serious." He said and I could here the tone of sincerity.

"I like you Y/N, you're different from the other girls who always chase me after I give them a 'compliment'" He explained.

"What if I wanted to chase you too after all?" I challenged him. That can't only be the reason if he really likes me...

"Then why didn't you? I was waiting..." What the... Does he really like me?

"I like you Y/N. I'm serious. Do you like me back?"

Author's note:
Well, Do you like him back? I do haha
I fell in love when I was writing this haha
Thank you for reading 💚