The Line Up

Fifteen second on the clock. I run past line backers and speed past my team. I look out in the open. I see an opening with one man standing out there. Peyton Manning standing wide open with his hands in the air.

Crash! He catches it. Running full speed down the field. TOUCH DOWN! Manning runs to me and picks me up. Carrying me on his shoulders we run to the guys.

"Duran! Duran! Duran!" they shout.

I don't dare to take my helmet off. If they see my face. Oh my career would be over.

I run to the dressing room. I take my helmet off and let my brown hair out of the flattened bun. I look in the mirror and cry. I hate having to change in the bathroom.

I throw my uniform in the dirty laundry pile. My hair is pinned in a bun. I take one last look at my reflection before putting my hoodie over my face. I run out. I slam my door and drive home.

My huge apartment looked the same. New furniture, nice paintings, oh and the fifteen voice mails from the guys. They always wanted to party. I was to ashamed to show my face.

Just as i sat on my bed I got a call.

"Hello."I said.

"Hey duran why aren't you partying."i heard peyton's voice.

"This is kyler's girlfriend. Hold on."I said.

I ran into the other room and deepened my voice. I answered the other phone.

"Hello?"I asked in a low voice.

"Hey why aren't you partying?"peyton asked.

"I don't feel like it."I sighed.

"Oh ok well see ya at practice."He said.

"Later."I coughed.

Ugh that was way to close! I need to be more careful on this.