-flatline-

I woke up in a black room. Tied up. Bound by itchy ropes. I struggled to undo them. I had to get out of here, somehow...

   I jolted up, gasping for air. I was struggling to inhale and exhale. Everything was distorted, I could barely see anything, hear anything. All I could hear was this ringing, and like this beeping. slowly, I felt my breathing, sl— slow.

     I was falling from a height. I ended up right back in that dreadful chair. I started screaming and trying to break free.
     "HELP!" I screamed. I broke down crying. Soon, I fell asleep.

     I opened my eyes. Someone was speaking to me. My vision cleared. It was jughead. I almost smiled, until I realized his olive eyes were darker and his eyebrows were creased in an angry manner.
   "Betty, I cannot do this anymore. I'm so tired of being surrounded by toxic people like you who bring problems!" He explained.
    I started gasping for air. It felt as if I had been stabbed in neck. In the back. And in the stomach. And can I just say, it hurt.
  I reached out for jugheads hand. It suddenly vanished.
                *BACK IN REAL TIME*
"We're losing her!" the doctor exclaimed. He was doing everything he could to bring Betty back. But when Betty arrived, there was a large fraction of the glass in Betty's esophagus. There was almost nothing they could do. The surgery got the glass out, but it would take a while for it to heal, and they weren't even sure that she would be able to eat, or whenever she would be able to eat. There were so many complications with her health.
   Betty had suddenly got thanataphobia, which is where you have fear of losing someone you love.
    After doing all he could, the flatline sound blared throughout the room. He sighed, and walked out of the room.
   He walked towards Alice, with a sympathetic look in his eyes. "Mrs. Cooper, I-I'm sorry," he stuttered. "We— she's gone." There was no way to put it lightly.
   Alice broke down in sobs. She just wanted her daughter. She wasn't crying just bc she lost her daughter. It was because she hadn't shown her appreciation towards Betty, and then, she killed her. What scared her the most was that now, she was completely, and inevitably, alone.
   Alice and Jughead had been in the waiting room for 13hours. Jughead couldn't even move himself to look at Betty's lifeless, stone-like body. They told him next, and he immediately felt broken. But he couldn't show it, not right now. Or he might completely go ballistic. The doctor had made sure to give the excuse, "she had lost the will to live," that was bullshit to Jughead. Why would she have. Jughead was sitting as far away from Alice as possible. He wasn't stupid. He knew it was her that had took Betty before he even got the chance to say those 8 letters that he was sure of.
    Jughead went to see her, even though it hurt him. He just needed to feel her, one more time. He walked into the room, slow as a snail.
    He got to her bed, and caressed her cheek. He felt a tear roll down his cheek. He cleared his throat, agreeing with himself that he wasn't going to break down. Not right now. He got in the bed, and laid in her arms. He whispered those little eight words to her, "I love you," before what he heard shocked him to his very core.