Chapter 5

"The name's Annika..."

Ciel's dark eyebrows rise.

"No last name?"

Her own eyebrows knit together.

"What's it to you?" She practically spits.

"Why are you so defensive?"

This quiets her, and she leans back, eyebrows relaxing.

"...I'm not..."

Her voice is nearly silent as another sigh spills from his lips.

"Alright, then..."

----------------------------------------

        The carriage door opens, revealing a smirking Sebastian with an extended hand.

"We're home, Master,"

Ciel stands, while Annika doesn't move, and takes the butler's outstretched hand, stepping down. Sebastan turns to her.

"M'lady?"

She scoffs, slapping his hand away and hopping out of the carriage on her own.

"I can take care of myself, thanks!"

If it weren't for her ill-mannered tone, one might've thought her words were cheerful. Quite the opposite, really. She pushes past Ciel, strutting her way up to Phantomhive Manor as Ciel casts Sebastian a vexed expression.

-------------------------------------

 "Welcome to Phantomhive Manor, m'lady..." Sebastian's head is bowed as he holds open the door to the rather large residence. Annika steps inside cautiously, eyes wide in awe at the interior decor of Ciel's home.

"You live here?!" Her jaw drops as Ciel merely hums in response and makes his way further into the manor.

"Sebastian, please show Annika to her room," He calls over his shoulder before strolling into his study, shutting the door behind him.

"Yes, come with me, m'lady," Sebastian murmurs, already halfway down a long hallway. Annika quickly sprints to catch up to him, still goggling at Ciel's enormous home, before....

CRASH!!!