chapter one

|| Autumn ||

"whore!" "skank!" "attention seeker!" "emo faggot!" "thirsty bitch!"

this is what I hear when I walk through the hallway of my prison- I mean "School". I should be used to it by now, people have been treating me like this all my life. I don't get it, they don't get it. Just because I'm "different" doesn't mean people can treat me like I'm a peasant, they're the peasants. I just put my headphones on and enjoy the roller coaster that's life, well I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend.

I'm really not excited about today either because I have to go up, on a stage, In front of everyone, and read my poem I wrote about summer, how fun.. not. I head to my locker, and grab my books I need for my next few classes. I made it to my English class right on time, thank god. I head to the back of the room and sit down, alone. I have no friends, I mean I used to, I had one friend, but we're not going to talk about that right now. "Okay today we're going to head to the auditorium so you guys can present your poems!" Mrs. Wright tells us. My English class is huge, it has around thirty seven people in it, god I hate school.

As I sit, watching people present their poems, I tug my shorts up and see my scars.. people think it's all just one big joke. "Autumn, you're up!" Mrs. Wright says. As I walk to the stairs some people say things, some people throw things and "boo". I walk to the microphone, and start my poem. When I'm about to finish I stutter, I hear my classmates giggle and laugh. I try to speak again but nothing comes out. They laugh even more. I don't know what came over me, but I dropped my note cards and sprinted off the stage, out the door, and totally out of the school. I just kept running, they don't get it, they don't get it, they don't understand, they don't understand what its like being a reject.

---

I suck at writing lol

okay so that's chapter one

sorry it was short I'm tired and I'm going to go to bed

okay? okay.