chapter nine

|| three months later ||

☮ Autumn ☮

I laugh at a joke Michael told, plugging in my phone to my speakers.

I play, Night Changes by One Direction, and sit back on my bed.

"going out tonight, changes into something red, her mother doesn't like that kind of dress"

sounds like my mom.

"driving too fast, moon is breaking through her hair, she said it was something that she won't forget, having no regrets is all that she really wants."

sounds like me, having no regrets.

"moving too fast, moon is lighting up her skin, she's falling, doesn't even know it yet, having no regrets is all that she really wants."

could it really be true that I'm falling for Michael Clifford?

"we're only getting older baby, and I've been thinking about you lately, does it ever drive you crazy, just how fast the night changes?"

that is true we are only getting older, before my mind could protest I say "Lets go on a road trip"

Michael looks over at me "What?" he asks.

"I mean lets go on a road trip, we're only getting older, so lets live our lives!"

"Your parents would kill me if you went on a road trip, alone, with me." he tells me poking my side.

"So lets not tell them." I say poking his side back. "I'll leave a note saying Trevor wants me to watch his mom in New York, come on it's a good idea." I say throwing my hands in the air.

He thinks for a moment before getting up.

"You better be packed before tomorrow." He tells me

I squeal, jumping up, tackling him in a hug.

|| the next day ||

I wake up and write my note.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this.

I tell my parents in the letter Trevor want's me to watch his sick mom in New York, so I'll be gone for a few weeks.

I get a text from Michael saying he's in my driveway.

I lay the note neatly on my bed, grab my bag and money and head downstairs quietly.

I get in Michaels car and we drive off.

"So where should we go?" Michael asks me.

"To be honest I think we should just keep driving and driving until we run out of gas." I say chuckling.

"Sounds good to me." Michael says holding my hand.

I try to hide my burning red cheeks.

We've been driving for about the whole day now, and stopped at four McDonalds along the way.

It's about 3:34p.m so it's late.

I yawn and put my head on Michaels shoulder.

My eyes flutter closed, and I drift off.

I wake up about an hour later because I notice the speed of the car decrease.

I look at Michael and see that he is drifting off to sleep.

I hear the horn of a semi and I look to the road.

I scream at Michael to wake up, seeing we are in the wrong lane, and a semi is racing towards us.

Michaels head snaps up and tries his best to get out of the way of the semi, but it was too late.

The last thing I saw was a pair of glowing lights coming closer before everything went black.