Chapter10

I don't know why I'm rushing inside my house, to check on my phone. Every year, the same five people message me, Happy Birthday. Why am I acting like if someone special is going to message me? Tyler is the only person that matters to me right now. 

When I pick up my phone from the table it has ten messages from Cecil and audio. Jasmine sent two audios and I already know they are going to be good. My sister dm me from Instagram just like Laura. And two of my aunts have sent me a happy birthday gif-thing from Facebook.

I play Cecil and Jasmine's audios while I change. When I hear the door open. "I need to take a piss." Why don't I believe him? He probably got down to see if there's a message from a guy.

"Sure. And I'm almost done." He smiles awkwardly and walks past me to the restroom. White-t-shirt, jeans and a brown jacket to wear for my birthday? I think yes. I'm not wearing my manly-nice shirts today!.

"Are you going to tell me?."

"Tel....l.you...u..u..what." He says walking up close to me.

"Where you are taking me," I say standing still at the door waiting for an answer.

"You will see."Tyler grabbing me this way is my weakness. He kisses me one more time before pulling me to his truck. We drive all the way to the lake.

The lake?Where spiders, millipedes, and scorpions can bite us?!.

"Don't worry. I have everything taken care off."He tells me grabbing my chin. I smile but panic inside to the point that my hands are sweating. When we finally get to the spot, my jaw opens almost to the floor. My heart has completely melted to his romantic planned surprise for my birthday. I told him he was like a dream out from those romantic movies.

A huge tenth with lights all around it and a line of red lights towards it. With rose petals and sprays for all kind of bugs. I almost laugh by seeing all the sprays besides it. He walks me over inside to the bed and there happens to be food on it. The soft meat, I like with a chocolate cake with fries. Tyler probably asked my mom because only she knows what kind of meat I like. He pulls out a wine bottle and two cups from under the bed to a small table.

"Happy birthday." I take a piece of cake and bring it to his mouth. The memory of how much he loves cake made me smile. I'm now hungry but for him this time! I push the plate off the bed and surprise him. He laughs from my attack and stands up to close the tenth quickly. And plays one of his country songs. I watch as he takes off his clothes and walks over to kiss me.

.....

The dinner he made was very cold but we still managed to eat it all. This night was so special like a dream! Every birthday keeps getting better and better. Tyler and I, were made for each other there is no doubt about it.

"I have to....tell...ask...you something." He shifts uncomfortably and I move up from the bed.

"I got a job offer."He says but what's wrong about that? This is good news!

"The job is in Tennessee." He's leaving? Wait he said to ask you something didn't he?.

"I want it to know if you...would go with me." With his arms on his knees, he turns over to look at me. I can't remember what expression I have from this news.

"Why Tennessee. There has to be work here." He stands up and begins to put his clothes back on.

"The job pays good and we will have a place to stay at. You always want it to leave this place. This is our chance to start over in a new place together." Tyler is right. And I must go with him to wherever he goes. This is love and I love him more than anything.

"Okay. I will talk to my mother and just say my goodbyes." His face changes to confusion but somehow I can see relief in him. I move to the end of the side of the bed towards him. He gives me a tight hug and we kiss for the longest time. The kiss settles everything for us and we end it like that.