» 3

»

you looked in the mirror nervously, tonight was the night of the ball, and you wanted to look good so you wouldn't make a fool of yourself just by being there. You were wearing that magenta dress you had bought a few days ago with light makeup. Your hair was let out, you left it slightly messy since it looked the best on you. The way you looked wasn't the only thing making you nervous. The murders around your town have been picking up, the numbers of killed a week have been getting bigger, and bigger. Quite frankly you weren't sure you would want to leave the comfort of your home anymore.

Your thoughts were interrupted by a light knock at your door, you jumped slightly before looking to see who it was. It was your mother, she smiled at you. " estás preciosa, y/n " her smile fixed with her comment reassured you, you gave her a smile before pulling her into a tight hug.

" y/n! serena! mariana! it's time to go! " Ria's voice tore through the silence of your home, you saw your mom roll her eyes playfully at Ria. " go bring me some rich men, y/n! " you laughed at her comment before you two joined your sisters at the door.

" don't go with someone if you don't feel safe around them, don't take drinks from strangers, stay close to each other, st- "

" Mami, we know- "

Your mom sighed before she gave us all a kiss on the cheek, and a hug.

»

You looked around in awe. This place was huge!

You made it to the washington estate without any interruptions, surprisingly. You took this as a good sign. Mariana squealed as she looked around, she quickly ran off, Serena following after her, attempting to catch her. You looked at Ria wearily, but she was too busy taking in her surroundings to notice the look you gave her, you let out a sigh before shaking your head.

You chose to stick close to Ria, following her wherever she went, doing whatever she was doing. It wasn't much fun, but It was safer this way. She was constantly in a different place every 5 minutes, you didn't blame her tho, your family didn't get invited to most balls, and even when you did they weren't as huge as this one. You looked around hesitantly, Ria had just stopped at the beverage table, searching for a drink, of course you took this time to rest and look around since you didn't have much time to look around when you first came in.

You turned around only to be met with the surprise of Ria being gone, your eyes widened. " Shit " you mumbled under your breath before you went walking around searching for your sister, I mean, you were only looking around for a few minutes, she couldnt have wandered off that far,, right? You groaned, coming to a stop, you stood looking around for any sight of your sister, you pinched the bridge your nose and left out an annoyed sigh before you continued to search around for not only Ria, but Serena, and Mariana, if you got the chance.

During the process you had bumped into something, or rather, someone. You looked up to glare at what you thought was a tall object, only to be met with the face of a tall man, and damn was he attractive. His face was covered in dark freckles, plump lips, his pretty blue eyes were fixated on you, his skin was a pretty brown and he had a nicely trimmed beard, not to mention wild curly hair that framed his face perfectly. God he was so attractive. Your eyes widened, you could feel your cheeks get hot.

" oh m-my! im s-so sorry sir- i-i didnt mean t-to bump into y-you- " you practically squeaked out in embarrassment. You looked at the ground, too shy to make eye contact with the man. You were completely baffled and nervous, well, that was until you heard a dark chuckle, your eyes widened slightly and you looked up to see the man snickering at your panic, your expression went from flustered to confused.