thirty-two

Thirty two - Anger Issues

~Mild mature content

"Sebastian's going to be the death of me," I spoke as I fell face first onto my plush bed. After hours and hours of training, my bed felt like a warm and welcome hug.

I snuggled into the pillow as Genevieve chuckled at me and tucked me in. "Rest, Miss Fawn, you will need it for tomorrow."

"What's tomorrow?" I slurred. I was utterly spent. I felt like I could sleep for a whole year.

"Training again, of course."

"I need to speak with..." as soon as I closed my eyes every muscle in my body completely shut down on me. My lips wouldn't move even though a part of my brain was telling me to continue the sentence.

I gave up trying to wake myself up and speak when I heard Genevieve shuffle out of the bedroom. I was left alone in darkness and silence and it pulled me to sleep immediately.

"She's beautiful. She's so beautiful," a woman said.

"I know. But she's not safe here," a man spoke. I didn't recognize their voices at all but I didn't feel in danger at all. In fact, I felt like I was surrounded in a cocoon of warm arms.

"Please, I'm not ready to let her go." The woman's voice was no louder than a whisper. I wasn't sure whether she was intentionally whispering or whether she was trying to hold back from crying.

"We're running out of time. He's here."

I couldn't see anything but darkness as I listened to footsteps approaching. My eyes opened just slightly. Everything was dark and blurry. All I could see were blurry outlines of what looked like trees above me.

Suddenly, a third face came into view. I couldn't see clearly, though, and the blurriness made it impossible to know who was staring down at me.