Chapter 12

Chapter 12

“You’re a princess. That’s what księżniczka means, the reason you’ve been having those dreams is because you’re blooming. That means your body is filling out, your eyes will be greener and your hair will be longer and shinier than usual. That’s why you’re so good at archery. And today with the fighting and the gremlins, you’re instincts just kicked in. You’re faster and stronger than any human and you’re more beautiful than any other girl in the world.”

“So what exactly does that make me?” I wondered, confused.

He shrugged and smiled. “I don’t know we don’t have a real name for it. You’re immortal. Of course we call it nieśmiertelny because we’re Polish. You’re the princess.”

“And you’re what, the prince?” I demanded, unsure. “I thought you didn’t like me like that?”

He shook his head and chuckled. “No, Kaiden does though. I’m not sure why I’m the prince to be honest; my father was so I am now.”

“Right, was my mother a princess or something?” I laughed; I had to admit I could not picture my mum fighting off some ugly monster.

“No, you’re father was a great warrior though. He’s very lucky your mother was not killed after you were born. It’s most likely because he stopped fighting and disappeared.” Stefan shrugged. “No you’re the princess because you’re the first girl to be born immortal in quite some time. You’re specjalny. You’re special.”

I smiled. “Yeah well, people have always told me I am.”

He chuckled and leant against the back of the couch. I lay down so my head was in his lap. He looked down into my eyes. “So you believe me?”

“Why wouldn’t I?” I frowned.

“It just sounds a little crazy, even to me.” He shrugged and then grinned. “So are you planning on confronting your parents?”

I sighed and shook my head. “I want to see how long it takes them to notice.”

He nodded. “Good idea.”

I smiled and then frowned, remembering something. I’d read people’s minds before. I concentrated on sending my thoughts directly to Stefan as I looked into his eyes. Can you hear me?

He chuckled and winked at me. How’d you figure it out?

I’ve heard other people before and thought I’d test it out. I thought, shrugging. He was saying how he would never let me get to ‘him’.

Stefan frowned at me momentarily and then smiled. Jealous boyfriend much?

I laughed out loud and sat up with a groan. “I should probably get home.”

“Of course, I’ll walk you.” He grinned and we both stood up.

Instead of walking me to my front door we stood on the ground outside my window, my second story window. At first I was confused but then I remembered all the times I’d found him up there.

“Up you go.” He winked and gestured to the balcony.

I rolled my eyes. “You first.”

He shrugged, bent down to the floor and then jumped. He didn’t make it all the way but grabbed the ledge of the balcony and flipped himself over it. I laughed and tried to copy but instead of the ledge I managed to grab both his hands and ended up in his arms. I smiled and hugged him.

“Thank you for tonight, I actually feel sort of relieved.” I laughed.

He smiled. “Well I’m glad that little ‘bump’ in the road excited you. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.” He chuckled and then jumped over the edge. Oh and if you need me, you know how to reach me.