Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“Kira what are you doing here?” Stefan wondered as I let myself into his house and straight into his bedroom, dumping my stuff on the floor and sitting on the bed at his feet. He sat up and noticed that I was crying and scooted closer, placing a hand over mine. “Whoa, what’s wrong? Kira what happened?”

I shook my head and leant my head on his shoulder. “Jacob knew and he didn’t tell me. I moved out of home because of my parents and then Amy wouldn’t let me stay over so I went to Jacob’s and we had a fight about our breakup and then he got carried away and just blurted it out so I left and now I have nowhere else to go, please tell me you have a spare bed here.”

He nodded and smiled and leant underneath his bed and pulled out a mattress. “Sure, here you go.”

I looked up at him and slowly smiled before laughing. “Thank you Stefan.”

“Anytime Kira.” He smiled happily. “You’re practically family and it will be fun watching Kaiden try to impress you.”

“So this soul mate thing, does that mean Kaiden and me are pretty much dating?” I asked him curiously, only thinking about it for the first time myself.

He shrugged and then sighed tiredly. “It’s up to you Kira.”

I let out my breath in relief and smiled. “Awesome, so this rumour that’s going around about you and me…is we just going to keep doing what we’re doing and make people keep talking?”

He laughed. “I’d really like that I think. It keeps up my reputation while I do absolutely nothing and it pisses off both Jacob and Kaiden. I think it’s better than any plan we could have thought up and it’s just happened on its own.”

I laughed and nodded in agreement. “You’re right.”

We sat there in silence for a little while. We were both sitting on his bed cross legged and facing each other. We stared into each other’s eyes and just smiled. It’s was completely comfortable and comforting that I felt my body relax one hundred per cent.

“Do you remember when I asked you out and you told me you would?” He asked me with a small smile.

I nodded. “How could I forget? You stole my first kiss, I was shattered.”

“It seems like a lifetime ago, doesn’t it?” He wondered shaking his head with a sad smile.

I nodded and sighed. “Sometimes I wish I could go back to that. Where everything was normal and sane and not like the inside of a Stephanie Meyer novel.”

He laughed and shook his head before getting serious and grabbing my hands, holding them tight. “I don’t ever wish that.”

“Why not?” I asked him curiously.

He shrugged. “Because back then we weren’t friends…”

Just then the door swung open and Kaiden stood there with a smug smile on his face and rolled his eyes. “Isn’t that adorable, best friends forever right? Anyway, Yakira I was wondering if I could talk to you for a moment.”

I frowned and shook my head. “That is not my name. Don’t call me that.”

“Fine, Kira would you mind so terribly?” He asked again, faking a sweet smile.

I sighed and turned to Stefan. “He always seems to kill the moment. How could I be so unlucky?”

Stefan just laughed and watched us walk out the room together. I followed Kaiden out the back door and sat across from him on the ledge of a short stone wall. He stood in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest and the same hard and furious look upon his face.