Ch 5

Kimberly's P.O.V.

"I'm Bailey, Damon's brother." The make over guy says as Damon closes the door. "Umm hi." I say awfully aware I am still in a towel. "I'll let you get dressed and then well begin" he says starting to set up his stuff up. I scurry back into the bathroom and put on a tshirt and sweatpants that I imagine are Damon's. I look at myself in the mirror and I look exhausted. There are bags under my eyes and my skin looks so pale. Stepping out into the room again, Bailey is smiling at me and says "Are you ready? I'm gonna doll you all up". I smile and say "As ready as I'll ever be I suppose." He laughs and settles me into a chair in front of the desk. He brushes out my hair and says "I'm sorry my brother has thrown you into this world. I'm just glad he understands that I want nothing to do with it." "Then why are you helping him give me a make over?" He turns me to face him and he says "He's been my protector since I was born. He tried to shield me from my father who wanted me in this life. He saved me. I'll always be in debt to him." I nod and he starts combing through my hair again. "Alright we have to dye your hair. What color do you think?" I really love my hair but I don't want to upset Damon. "I think blonde." His eyes light up and says "You'll look like a fucking babe with blonde!" I laugh and he begins mixing something in a bowl and begins the steps of dying my hair. While we waited for the dye to take, we chit chatted for a little bit about how he and his boyfriend are looking to adopt and why I want to be a nurse. "Well I'm gonna be a nurse practitioner according to your brother." He rolls his eyes and says "Of course he does. But he said you were a big help with Cassandra last night." "I love kids." I say coming to a realization, I may never have kids and even if I had that chance, will I really want to bring a child into all of this? This brings a frown to my face and Bailey seems to notice and say "What are you thinking about?" I stay silent for a moment before saying "I don't think I'll ever become a mom." Bailey doesn't say anything as he begins to check my hair. "Let's get this washed out and then we'll talk about a style for cut." I follow him into the bathroom where he washes my hair and then I'm back in the chair in the room. "You don't want it to short?" He asks as I say medium length. "No I love my long hair and though I'd rather not cut it, I'll deal with medium length." He laughs at me and says "Let's do a medium length with layers and maybe a little bit of bangs." "Sure" I say. He begins to cut and then blow dries and curls it. "Now I'm gonna teach you how to do make up and new wardrobe. I ordered you a bunch of clothes." Oh great. Some one else ordered clothes for me. He begins the class on the make up and I try to listen carefully. When he's done, he pulls out a couple of dresses, skinny jeans, crop tops, long sleeves and nice lingerie. "Umm, do you have anything that covers my belly and my chest?" He laughs and says "Unfortunately, no. Damon has a specific selection.". "Could you do me favor?" He looks at me puzzled and says "Umm sure?" "Could you get me some shorts and comfy tshirts?" He smiles and says "As long as it stays our little secret." I nod and he makes a phone call. "Now you need to pick something to wear right now." I look down and sees a navy blue short lacy dress that has long sleeves but showed to much of my chest, but seemed to be my only some what option. I grab the mathching black lacy bra and underwear and the navy blue dress and walk into the bathroom. "Nope. You cant look in the mirror just yet. I'll just turn around." Bailey says pulling me out of the bathroom. He turns around I hurriedly change into the clothing. "Okay. You can turn around." He turns around and his mouth drops. "God damn. You are one hot momma. Damon wont be able to keep his hands off you." Before I can say anything he rushes to me the mirror on the wall by the closet. I don't even look like myself. The medium blonde hair and all the make up on my face. I never wear dresses and I am starting to feel self conscious with how big my boobs are showing through this dress. "Do you like? You look absolutely beautiful." I nod and say "I don't look like me." He looks at me with sincere eyes and says "Well I have another client I have to get going. But here's my number. I would love to have a girl day and I would love for you to meet Landon." "I would enjoy that thoroughly." He gives me a hug and there's a knock at the door. "Come in." Bailey says as Cassandra and Jackson enter. "Wow Kimmby you look so pretty!" Cassie exclaims running to hug me. I pick her up and rest her on my hip and Bailey begins packing his stuff. "This is all yours." He says handing me the make up bag. "Thank you for everything." He smiles and kisses my cheek and leaves. "You seem to be feeling so much better." I say poking Cassie's nose. "Yes very much better." she says wrapping her arms around my neck. "She wanted to come see if you wanted to make cookies." Jackson says studying me. "You look good." he says while Cassie looks at her dad. "Are you kidding daddy? She looks like a freaking queen!" She says sounding exasperated at her dad's response. He laughs and says "You're right principessa. She looks like a queen." My face flushes and I set Cassie down. "Of course I'll make cookies with you." She smiles and grabs my hand pulling me towards the door. Jackson and I both laugh and follow down into the kitchen. Getting down the stairs, I begin to hear moans and Jackson turned the music up and said "No one needs to hear that especially Cassie." I nod and want to ask who it is but decide against it not wanting to know. Walking into the kitchen, Charlotte has set up the bowls and ingredients all along the island. "My my! You look so beautiful my dear!" Charlotte says giving me a hug. She then looks down at Cassie and says "And I'm so glad you are feeling better baby!" Cassie hugs the short woman and says "All thanks to Kimmby!" They all smile at me and we walk towards the island. "Here put this apron on Kimberly, I don't want you to ruin that beautiful dress." Charlotte says handing me a purple apron. I put it on and Cassie is standing on a step stool to reach the counter and starts to put the ingredients in a bowl. I begin to help and Jackson says "I've got to run. Do you think you would be willing to watch her for the rest of the day? Either of you." Charlotte and I both nod and say "Of course." We both chuckle and start helping Cass with the cookies again. 

Two hours later, Cassie, Charlotte and I are fully covered in flour and sugar dancing around the kitchen to Disney songs, per choice of Cassie. I'm glad I have the apron on because the dress is really beautiful and I don't want to ruin it. "Well well what do you we have going on in here?" the man that came in to tell us Clarity was here says standing in the entrance of the kitchen looking amused. "Well we have been making cookies and Kimmby started to dance so now we're all dancing!" Cassie says throwing flour into the air landing on all three of us. "Cassie!" Charlotte says laughing. Cassie looks up at both of us and giggles. "I'm not sorry. You two look like ghosts!" Charlotte and I look at each other and wink. We both grab flour and sprinkle it over Cassie who screams and wiggles. "Now you're a ghost too!" we both say laughing. The man starts laughing to and says "I haven't fully met you Kimberly. I'm Bradly." He walks to the fridge and pulls out a beer. Cassie steps off the step stool and runs over to him. He sets the beer down and lifts her up hugging him. "Uncle brady!" she says as he puts her down. "Are you having fun with Kimberly?" She nods coming back over and saying "She's the best ever." I smile and pull the cookies from the oven. "Well looks like we're having a party in the kitchen." I hear Damon say as I start putting the cookies on a cooling rack. "Uncle Damie!" Cassie says hugging him. "Hey principessa. How are you feeling?" "Good. I had Kimmby helping me." She says as I turn around from the cookies. Damon's mouth falls and I suddenly feel very self conscious. "Doesn't she look like a queen uncle Damie?" Cassie says walking over to me and holding her hands up to be picked up. I gladly lift her and rest her on my hip. "She does Cassie." Damon says grabbing a beer from Bradly. I am suddenly feeling very claustrophobic. I set Cassie down and say "Excuse me, I need to use the restroom." I walk out of the kitchen and to the bathroom in the hallway to run into a very beautiful Columbian girl walking out of the room next door. "Oops sorry. Excuse me." She says slipping on her high heels and walking past me. "Damon! I need to be on my way." I hear her say as I close the bathroom door. So that was the moaning? I suddenly feel very dizzy and my chest ache. Now I know for sure he doesn't feel the same way and now I can hate him. I hate him for putting me in this situation. I hate him from taking me from my family. I hate him for making me feel like he cared about me. I sit down on the floor and look at myself in the wall mirror. I have flour everywhere but somehow my make up and hair are still perfect. I want to mess everything up. I feel the tears start and this time I cant stop them.