Ch 9

Damon's P.O.V.

Hearing her say she was a virgin was quite a shock. With how beautiful she is, who isn't trying to get with her? I can see the way Jackson and Bradly look at her. They know she's off limits, but they still cant help their eyes. Having her sleep in my bed again, I wanted to do more but I don't want to push which is weird of me. I've never been that type of guy before. I could see it her on face how she disappointed when I told her I'm not very good at relationships. I don't know if I'm ready to open up again. I just want to have fun, but I know that she might not like it that way. Once, Cassie left the room, she laid into the pillows and was soon fast asleep. I tried to focus on the movie, but with this sleeping girl next to me, it was quite hard. I caught myself just staring and admiring her beauty. Turning the tv and lamp off, I slipped under the covers and tried to fall asleep, but not too long later, I wake up to Kimberly crying. I sit up and turn the light on and look down at her. She's still asleep as she's crying. She must be having a nightmare. I slowly lift her, bringing her to my chest and holding her. She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me as if embarrassed. Instead of either of us saying anything, she cuddles into me more, if that was possible, and closed her eyes. I reached over and turned the light off. This time, I fell asleep almost as instant as the darkness hit.

Waking up the next morning, Kimberly was still wrapped in my arms, I didn't want to wake her, but I had a meeting at one of the hospitals. She stirs and then opens her eyes and smiles. God her smile. She closes her eyes and looks like she's trying to memorize this moment. Me too love, me to. "I've got a meeting at one of the hospitals in an hour. You start classes this morning yeah?" She nods and goes to move, but I still have my arms wrapped around her. She looks up at me and was about to say something but I pressed my lips to hers lightly. Pulling away, I can see the confusion in her eyes. "Let's talk over dinner tonight." I say freeing her from my hold. She doesn't move for a second, but then slowly stands and says "Okay. Have a good day." "You too my beautiful angel." She walks out of the room and I arise from the bed and walk to the closet. I grab my dark grey suit with a black tie and change. Looking in the mirror, I grab my black shoes and slip them on. I slip my watch on and look at the time. I've got thirty minutes before the meeting. Walking down the stairs, I find Charlotte standing there looking like she was in a panic. "Charlotte what's wrong?" I say getting to the bottom. She doesn't say anything but she's looking down at a letter. I take the letter to find a picture attached.

Damon,

I hope you know I didn't want to do this, but this war is far from over. 

Justin

The picture was of my 18 year old half sister, Georgia, in her bra and underwear tied up. My body instantly filled with rage. "JACKSON, BRADLY, JASON!" I bellow out. They come running from the dining room. I throw the letter at them and all of their eyes widen with anger. Man this piece of shit is going to pay.

Kimberly's P.O.V.

I hear Damon's loud voice echo through the house just as I step out of the closet from getting dressed. I hurry out towards the stairs to see Damon and the other three slamming out the door. Charlotte was standing at the bottom in shock. "What's going on?" I say getting to the bottom of the stairs. "They took Georgia." She says as tears fall from her face. "Whose Georgia?" I say confused. "My daughter and Damon's half sister. She's away at school. They took her." she says sounding like she's trying to gasp for air. I wrap my arms around her and she hugs me tightly. We walk to the kitchen and sit down at the island. I rub her back and she says "What if I never see my baby again?" "You cant think like that." I respond trying to get her to calm down. "She's all I have. Damon's father threw me away like dirt after our one night and I haven't been with anyone ever since. My priority has always been the children and Georgia." I nod understanding. The door bell rings and I stand to answer it. "Can I help you?" I say to the man who looks uncomfortable standing here. "Is Damon home?" I shake my head and his expression changes. "May I ask who you are pretty girl?" He was making me very uncomfortable and as if she could sense it Charlotte comes walking up to the door. "Kimberly, you are to never to speak to this man again. Do you understand?" she says slamming it in his face and locking it. "Who is he? He gave me the creeps so you can count on me never talking to him again." "He is apart of the group that shot Damon and has Georgia." "Oh" I say growing scared. "Damon has guys coming from Italy to help cover more ground here. This war is about to turn ugly and we cant afford for them to have anything against us." I nod and sigh. "How did I get pulled into all of this? I didn't ask for this." I accidentally say out loud and I cover my mouth. "Unfortunately, most of us didn't ask to be here. We were forced." I nod and realize how she must've been forced into all this. "Do you need me to stay with you? I can just bring my books down here." "I 'd rather not be alone" she says sniffling. I walk up the stairs and grab my things for school and walk back down and sit down at the island. Placing my headphones in to listen to another lecture, Charlotte has began to bake with Cassie who wandered in when I was upstairs. I hope none of them get hurt.