13

Sitting on the cold, hard bed, Tom looked to Tord with no discernible expression on his face.

"So what do you propose we do while we're in here?" Tom seemed unimpressed.

"Um... I don't really know. Maybe we could just talk about things, figure it out," Tord offered.

"I don't think there's anything to talk about," Tom was acting like a pissed off girl on her period.

"We have to talk about it sometime, y'know," Tord joined Tom on the bed, making it dip slightly. Tom scooted away from him a little, starting the conversation on a sour note.

"Why did you kiss me?" Tom decided to go first and get the question off of his chest.

"To be completely honest I don't know," Tord looked defeated, "I guess I got a boost of confidence because of your confession earlier that day. It helped me figure things out for myself so I guess I decided to test the waters." Tord sheepishly looked down. 

Tom started to laugh. "The gay waters?"

"Erm... yeah you could say that," Tord started to turn red. Tom couldn't deny it, he was cute. Especially with his hair naturally spiking up, 'Like devil's horns' he thought. His stormy grey eyes were also breathtaking.

'No!' Tom mentally slapped himself in the face. 'He did a bad thing. A wrong thing. He was using you as a test. He didn't want anything more than that.'

"Don't worry about it. Unless you try that shit again we'll be fine," Tom returned to his usual bored tone of voice. He got up from the bed and knocked on the door.

The campers heard the knock and silently looked to Matt to answer it.

"What?" Matt called.

"Is it ok if we come back out now? We don't want you doing anything illegal," Tom quipped.

They all looked at Levi who raised his hands in defense. 'Not me' he mouthed even though they all knew of his habits when it came to summoning the shrimp god.

"Sure, come out," Matt called back.

A smiling Tom came out of the room which took the campers by surprise. The look on the face of their counselor could only mean one thing. They made out.

"Looks like it's the end of rest hour, guys. It's time to clear up and go to your next activities," Tord said, emerging from the room. He didn't look as happy, tired even. That made the kids very worried. Usually the roles were reversed with their counselors. What could have possibly happened?

The campers reluctantly agreed and all trickled out of the cabin untill it was only the counselors and Pat left.

"Bye you guys, don't forget to use protection," Pat said as a goodbye and started to leave.

"Wait a minute there, Pat," Tom stopped the boy, "What do you mean."

'Shit' Pat was caught. He decided to play it off as cool as possible though.

"Oh I'm sure you know what I mean. I saw your faces after you came out of that room, we all did," and with that, he left.

"Do you know what he meant?" Tom turned to Tord.

"No... not really."

"Hmmm."

"Hey, I have an idea," Tord snapped his fingers.

"What the hell dude only people in movies do that."

"Well I do it too. Let's go and swim in the lake. We don't have to supervise any activities and I think it'll be fun."

"Fine but don't think that just because we swim together doesn't mean we're friends," Tom then swiftly snatched his swim trunks from his shelf and left to get changed.

As soon as Tom was out of earshot Tord started to think out loud.

"Why didn't I tell him I liked him? Why is he still being an asshole? And incredibly cute asshole- NO," Tord interrupted himself. It was like two different people were talking but it was only him. "He is not cute. He is not cute. He is NOT CUTE."

Defeated, Tord flopped down on a random bottom bunk which turned out to be Edd's. He turned to lay on his side to look at the pictures of Edd's family, curious about the boy's home life. Alongside the usual family pictures and pets and stuff there was one that stood out.

It was a new Polaroid, clearly taken recently, of Edd and Matt. But it wasn't a normal picture that you take with friends. no, it was very different. Edd had one arm wrapped around Matt while the other one held the camera. Matt was leaning into him as Edd kissed his cheek, both smiling.

Tord's heart melted. It was just so cute how innocent they were. Maybe that's why they were always around each other. He needed to tell Tom.

Tom. SHIT!

Tord made a mad dash to the counselor room to get changed, then to the lake side to find Tom waiting for him.

"Well it took you long enough, didn't it?" Tom teased.

"Yes haha very funny. C'mon I want to swim," Tord whined as he pulled Tom in the lake.

'It was cute how impatient he is- NO. Dammit I think I like Tord but now everything's ruined.'

Tord studied Tom as he swam around. His co-counselor's eyes were a mystery to him, but they also enchanted him. His hair, too. The way it stuck up in spikes when it was dry, kind of like his own.

"What are you looking at?!" Tom yelled from across the lake playfully.

"Nothing!" he called back as he swam to join Tom.

-------------------------------------------------------

yes i put ocs in the book. yes there is eddmatt. i forgot to put warnings. so sue me. also im sick so thats fan-fucking-tastic. also how is it possible for a book to move slow and fast at the same time, like wtf

roses are red

the surprised picachu meme wont go away

in this story

everyones gay (except Pink shes still figuring shit out)