16

Later in the counselor room after the campers are asleep, Tom and Tord lay wide awake.

Tord rolled over on his stomach and flopped over the side of the bed to get a look at his co-counselor.

"Hey Tom."

"What?" He said it more like a statement than a question as he looked up from his journal.

"I found out something very interesting today." Tord's voice held a playful tone.

"Oh really? That's funny because I did too." Tom raised his eyebrow and sat up, a small smirk playing at his lips. He did end up realizing his feelings for Tord after venting in his journal a bit, so it's only a matter of time before he gives them another try.

"You say your's first then," the Norwegian interrupted Tom's thoughts.

"Paul likes Pat." Tord's eyes widened as he revealed some of his news.

"Pat likes Paul."

"Tord, you know what this means, right?" Tom asked, his eyes sparkling.

"That they like each other?" he asked, oblivious to what Tom was trying to get him to say.

"No, dummy. We have to get them together."

"Well my brain isn't working right because all my blood's rushing to it. Come sit up here so we can talk a bit."

Tom blushed at Tord's invitation, but obliged. He climbed up the ladder and landed on Tord's comforter which looked like the Communist flag. Tord sat up from his flopped over position and faced Tom.

"Jehovah, I didn't realize you were a Commie too." he laughed.

"Eh, kinda. I just really like the idea of it."

Just then a loud thump was heard and it startled Tom. So much, in fact, that he jumped into Tord's lap. None of them noticed, however, because they were focused on Pink who was looking at them through the window.

She raised her eyebrows and smiled evilly.

"Sorry, didn't realize I was interrupting something here," Pink said, and you could hear the smile in her tone. The boys quickly realized their compromised position and lept away from each other, blushing madly.

Pink laughed. "Please, don't let me stop you. I ship it 100%."

"Pink..." Tom warned.

"Stop," Tord whined from the safety of his hoodie.

"Alright then, bye guys." She then left as suddenly as she appeared and slipped into the dark night.

You could feel the tension in the air after she left. The longer it was there the worse it got, until Tord decided to break it.

"I have some more news," he started sheepishly.

"Oh?" Tom perked up and scooted closer to him.

"Apparently Edd and Matt are a thing too."

"Really? I did notice they were clos but I just figured that it was because they live next to each other."

"Yeah, I guess not then," after that they both fell into another deep silence, not knowing what to say. Tom chuckled.

"What's so funny?" Tord questioned.

"I think I'm rubbing off on our campers." He said, smiling softly. That smile made Tord's heart flutter so much that he did something that he never would have done otherwise.

He scooted next to Tom, turned to face him, and found them nose to nose. Tord got lost in Tom's black and endless eyes, while Tom got lost in his stormy grey ones.

"I think you mean we're rubbing off on them-" Tord corrected in a lower voice, getting cut off by Tom closing the gap between them.

They broke off, both slightly flushed.

"What do you say we give this another go?" Tom proposed.

"Sounds great to me, Witness."

Without another word exchanged, Tom fell fast asleep on Tord, who dozed off soon after.

-------------------------------------------

its me your friendly neighborhood inconsistent ass bitch reminding you to stop smoking crack and have a good edd day. today is for wearing green, drinking cola, and remembering a great man who brought joy into our lives in some sort of way. sorry for not updating sooner, stay asdf safe yall

and now a poem about airport security

roses are red
love is a lie
happieness isnt real
i want to die