Withdrawls

Hemlo pals! I'd like to deliver and official disclaimer that I'm writing this on my phone! I know the formatting is awful but it's not something I want to fix because I'm lazy! 👏
I love you!
~pastel

Taryn held her head in her hands. She scowled and furrowed her brow. 'God why does everything hurt.'
Taryn looked up to the board, her vision slightly blurred. She decide to ignore the complex scribbles on the board and that she'd get the notes later. She looked around the room from her corner.
She noticed someone staring at her. But it wasn't just anyone. He was the weird one. He always wore black and he frankly wasn't attractive. Lip piercings and earrings. Dark hair and deep brown eyes. God he was just... different. He was always slinking around and watched everyone. It's like he was observing prey. Something about him always offset her.
And yet he kept staring, even after she noticed.
'Who does that?' She cringed in her mind.
She continued to stare, her head pounded as thoughts swirled. She kept staring. Analyzing.
The kid stood up and her thoughts cut off to the sound of a bell. He made his way towards her.
He smirked, keeping his eyes low. "Forget your medication?" He chuckled, making Taryn uneasy. "That's a capital offense you know." His eyes flicked up to meet hers.
They both stopped momentarily, his grin spread wider.
Taryn narrowed her eyes. "Of course I've taken my medication." Her voice cracked and she fiddled with her bracelet.
Her face flushed. She'd never had to lie before.
He turned his back, taking something out of his pocket and sliding it into her desk he winked. "Don't worry bunny, I won't tell anyone." He strode out.
Taryn shuddered. "What the hell was that about?" She hissed under her breath, standing up.
Her head spun. Tables blurred into ground. She held out her hands, steadying herself to keep from falling. She swept her things into her backpack and stumbled out of the classroom. She texted her mother, her head pounding, vision blurry and hands shaky.

Me: "mommy can you come get me I feel sick"
Mommy 🤪: "of course dear what's wrong?"

Taryn explained that her stomach hurt. She couldn't tell her exactly why though. She made it out to be food poisoning. She sat at the front office until her mother showed up.

They drove home with bits and pieces of small talk. Taryn mentioned the weather.

And it fell silent. Taryn took to looking out the window. Fluffy gray clouds filled the air, darkening the sky. The more Taryn stared the more the clouds seemed to swirl and twist. They pulled into the driveway, the car rocking as it went over the small lip at the end where the sidewalk meets the road.
Taryn trotted into the house, thanking her mother. She shut the door to her room and sat on her bed, resting her head in her hands. She looked at her backpack. She groaned and swung her feet off her bed. She walked to her bag and bent over to pick it up.
Her vision darkened and her head felt full of air. She fell to her knees. Her stomach twisted and flipped.
Medication
Was her only thought.
But something told her to wait.
It was slow, but her vision returned and her stomach settled. Shaken and unsettled she picked up her backpack and returned to her bed. She took out her folder.
And a small folded paper fell out.
Taryn stopped.
She remembered vaguely that the kid slid something on her desk.
She set down her folder and picked up the note. She looked at the door.
Without thinking she got up and locked it.
She closed the blinds and she sat down on her bed again. She crossed her legs and carefully unfolded the note...

"Taryn" it began "you're goin through withdrawals. Throughout the day things are only going to get worse. But whatever you do...
do NOT take your 'medication' . I'll explain this later. But for now you've got to listen very carefully."
Taryn chuckled. 'Sounds like the beginning of a bad book.' She thought to herself before continuing.
"Meet me at Skyland park at 3:33 tonight. Bring a jacket and for the love of everyone you hold dear, don't let anyone see you.
-Logan"
Taryn started at the note. Rereading line after line. His quick but neat handwriting imprinting itself in her mind. She checked the clock. It wasn't even noon.

Thank you so much for reading lovelies! I'm sorry to say that that's all I have for now. And yes, I purposely left it on a cliffhanger. I'm gonna be updating daily, so until tomorrow!
~pastel 🍩