Skipping CD

Taryn found herself constantly checking the clock. Sometimes the minute hadn't even changed.
She moped around her room in pain.
By the time it was five she'd cleaned her room twice, finished all her homework and had read six chapters in her book.
She was watching Netflix and sipping a smoothie her mother had brought up to her.
As time passed and her boredom grew, her eyelids got heavier. Taryn fell asleep.

Taryn woke up to the sound of her alarm. She slapped her hand on it and looked at it through sleepy eyes.
11:25
Shit!
Taryn flung herself out of her bed. She made sure her door was locked. Throwing on some shoes and grabbing a jacket she quietly opened the window. She checked the time on her phone.
11:28
She sat on her window sill and dropped to the ground below. She checked her surroundings and set off on a quiet jog to the park.
11:32
She was just barely on time. She looked around the park
She lowered her hood and hissed in what she thought was a soft voice. "Logan!"
He emerged from behind the slide. He put a finger to his lips and beckoned for her to come closer.
Taryn walked over, the wood chips crunching under her not-so-light foot falls.
Logan rolled his eyes, cringing with every step.
Taryn looked at him. "Are you gonna explain now? I could've taken my medication by now."

Logan smirked, leaning against the slide. "Calm down bunny all in due time."
Taryn raised an eyebrow.
Logan stood up straight. "Have you noticed anything?"
Taryn furrowed her brows and scowled "other than the fact that everything hurts, no."
Logan snickered. "No? What about hyper sensitivity?" Logan circled Taryn "or heightened senses to put it simply"
Taryn thought about it.
Bright lights hurt. She could hear very clearly the conversations in the next room. Little pieces began to click in her mind.
"Now that I mention it?" He teased.
Taryn glared. "If that's all you have to say, then I'm going home."
Logan shrugged. "You're welcome to go home,"
Taryn shifted her weight.
Logan smirked. "Thought so. Now, if you'll let me explain?"
Taryn looked at him.
He smiled. "Let's sit." And he turned around, climbed up the playground to sit on the roof of the slide. He patted the spot next to him.
Taryn shook her head, her eyes wide. Logan rolled his eyes and patted the spot next to him again.
Taryn cautiously made her way onto the roof, a light breeze unsettled the air.
Logan kept his gaze to the sky. "It's nice isn't it. I know you haven't been out this late."
Taryn looked at Logan. "Are you stalking me?!"
Logan put a calm finger to his lips. "Hush. I know this because of the curfew. Every parent, through what I understand, has a curfew of eight o clock, that their children always obey. Is that true?"
Taryn stayed silent.
"They see no need to disobey. They see no need to rebel." His face hardened.
"They see no need to be different."
Taryn opened and closed her mouth. "Well it's good to have routine."
Logan smiled softly, he leaned back to lay on the roof. "It's bad," he said, "when every person you'll ever meet has the same one."
Taryn thought, listening intently.
"Chemically unbalanced. 'Medication' that helps with everything you dreamed it could." He looked at her. "You're all skipping CD's. Repeating the same day, everyday, until the CD player stops working."
Taryn layer down next to him. "How do I fix it?"
Logan sat up. "Stop getting scratched."
Taryn propped herself up on her elbows. "How do you mean?"
Logan chuckled. "Stop taking your medication."
Taryn's has dropped. "No I can't do that."
Logan turned to face her. "And why is that?"
Taryn stopped. Her mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water.
Logan turned away, his gaze set on the stars again. "Exactly."
Taryn's face hardened. "Logan?"
"Hm?"
"I don't want to be a CD anymore." She whispered under her breath.

Hello lovelies! I know it's slow progress and I'm sorry. I will be updating again tomorrow of course! Until then!

I have some questions for you!
1) what should I call my readers?
2) should I include more photos!
3) what can I do better
4) what do you want to see more of from me?
5) any other stories I should write?
Leave your answers in those dang diddly darn comments!
Love ya!
~pastel 🍩