Chapter 5

A field of flowers surrounded me as I lay in the grass, the soft blades acting as a cushion. Butterflies and wild animals swarmed around me as I looked up at the bright blue sky, observing the clouds. It almost seemed... Peaceful.

I awoke from my dream when a hand touched my shoulder. In the blink of an eye I whipped out the kunai from under the blanket, ready to stab it into an enemy.

"Woah!" A familiar voice said. Deidara raised his hands in the air as a sarcastic forfeit, smiling down at me as I was poised to stab his throat. I lowered the kunai slowly with a sigh.

"Sorry, Deidara..." I apologized sincerely. Old habits died hard with this shinobi, I usually sleep with a kunai when I feel threatened or nervous, and being cooped up in my room hadn't helped.

"It's alright, un. I have something for us to do and wanted to know if you'd come with me." He said before he observed me. I was wearing a black sports bra and shorts, since I had no nightgown or much of anything I usually sleep in. He seemed to notice how underdressed I was and turned away before blurting, "Meet me outside when you're ready."

He closed the door behind him with a thud. What does he want us to do? I slid out of my bed and got changed into my Akatsuki robe, the new set of clothing making me feel more comfortable than I would have thought.

I peeked out to see Deidara leaning against the wall, staring up at the ceiling. I stepped out and he looked over at me, a smile spreading onto his face. He began to walk, and I followed, before he started talking.

"Pain has requested a mission for me and Sasori, and I was hoping I could get you to come along. Supposedly some village leader wants us to take care of some thugs so it shouldn't be that hard." He explained on the way.

We approached the main cavern when Deidara made me stay put, saying he was going to talk to Pain alone. Just as he left, Kakazu and Hidan entered, or at least I think that was their names...

The Jashinist noticed me standing alone and ran over, Kakazu watching him leave, heavily annoyed. The white-haired Akatsuki member stopped in front of me, a huge grin on his face.

"Hey! You're uh... Your name is..." He thought, trying hard to remember. I shrank away from him, taking a step back. I had to remind myself that these guys were murderers, not my friends. Well, maybe except Deidara...

"Oh, I got it! You're--"

"(Y/N)."

"Damn it, Kakazu! Shut the hell up, I almost fucking had it!"

Kakazu scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest. Hidan's language use made me a bit uncomfortable but I didn't mind all that much. I did cringe however when he put his hand against the wall behind me, leaning in close to my face. Like, personal space please? I shrank back as his shadow loomed over me.

"We don't have any other women in the Akatsuki besides Konan, and I have to say, I don't meet that many on the road..." He said slyly, adjusting the rim of my robe with a hand. I narrowed my eyes but stayed silent.

"What's with the death glare, babe?" He said, grinning more. I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted before I could get a peep out.

"Hidan, knock it off before I come over there..." Kakazu scolded, tapping a finger irritatingly. Hidan turned his head around to face him.

"I said shut up, Kakazu!" He snapped. I took the opportunity and slipped away, heading towards the direction Deidara had went. These people are crazy. I heard Hidan yelling after me but ignored it and kept walking until I could hide behind a corner, feeling a sense of relief to be alone again, but the relaxation only lasted a moment.