Chapter 6

There used to be heavily mature content, but I lessened it. Just seemed unnecessary, but here you go~

Sasori had woken me up bright and early in the morning, wanting to get a move on. Deidara didn't complain, but I sighed to myself. I wasn't cold when waking up, however. It seemed Sasori kept the fire alive when I had dozed off. How nice of him.

We continued through the Land of Fire towards our destination point, which was supposedly a small town. The village head wanted us for mercenary work, to kill some nearby thieves. Should be easy, since I have experience taking down targets, and I had two people with me who are far stronger.

I had ran ahead, impatiently, the mission exciting every bone in my body as I bounced around. Sasori kept the same pace as usual and Deidara was lagged behind a bit, watching me with a smile.

As I was prancing around I noticed a berry bush, it looked like raspberries. I decided to pick a few, since I hadn't eaten for a day or so. I noticed something move in my line of sight and stared at it, my breath catching in my throat and my heart stopping.

A thin and lanky snake was staring back at me with beady black eyes, it's head perched in the air as it flicked its tongue. I just about had a heart attack at the grotesque creature, getting on my feet quickly.

"Snake!" I shouted running back to my comrades without thinking too much, grabbing onto Sasori's sleeve and using him as a shield.

"You're scared of that? Pathetic." Sasori said, almost emotionless. Deidara snickered behind me but I paid no heed to their thoughts.

"It's disgusting and, ugh! I don't like them!" I complained, clutching his sleeve tighter as the snake moved back into the bushes. Satanic beast.

"It's gone. Now let go." Sasori huffed, yanking his arm free before walking onward. I didn't move as if my feet were rooted to the ground. But what if it comes back?

Deidara passed me as he followed the puppet master, shrugging at me as he went. I tried to follow, skirting the far side of the path to avoid the snake's last known location.

~••••••••••••••••••••••••~

We made great time getting to our final destination, the village of Tenki in the Land of Fire. It was only midday so we should be able to wrap this up before nightfall if we wanted to. Unfortunately, the village head had other plans.

"Greetings, Akatsuki. We welcome you to our village with gratitude. You may get rooms to stay the night and we will cook a nice meal for you until you take care of our little problem." A man said, bowing politely, I think he might be our contractor, Gibisu if I recall.

Gibisu provided us one room for the three of us and brought a small feast of potatoes and a special noodle soup. Me and Deidara ate quickly as Sasori discussed the job details for us in a different settlement outside. Sasori entered as Deidara finished his meal and I was still working on mine.

"Our contractor said we should spend the night and do our task at first light." He said before he sat down and leaned against the wall with a heavy sigh.

"So the afternoon is all ours?" I asked after I gobbled down the rest of my meal. Sasori nodded in response. I smacked Deidara's arm lightly with the back of my hand, jolting my head towards the door.

"Hey, my man, I think (Y/N) wants to look around, un. I'll take her out, okay?" Deidara said, standing up before offering a hand and helping me to my feet. Sasori didn't respond, instead he took out a summoning scroll before he summoned his puppet for his finished repairs.