Chapter 7

This chapter has scenes of blood and mild torture, viewer discretion is advised.

The morning started quickly, where I was woken up by Sasori. He was becoming impatient, not wanting to stall the mission much longer than we already had.

We packed up and set out at first light, before Gibisu even knew we had awoken. It was only a few miles on foot, but it seemed slower since Sasori had tucked himself inside Hiruko, safely hidden and leading the way.

It was a bit awkward between us three, since me and Deidara almost did something unmentionable and Sasori knew about it. I don't think he really cared though, it didn't seem like he was appalled or even upset.

Deidara kept his gaze on the road, making sure to keep distance between us. His mind was on the mission as well, I could see the hungry fire of bloodlust in his eyes.

I was also prepared to fight, armed with Widow and a few kunai knives. I didn't bring along anything else, since I didn't own much at this point. I just hope my puppet will be enough to keep me from being seen as weak to my comrades.

The sun barely peeked over the tips of the forest trees by the time we reached our destination. Deidara flew into the sky on one of his birds, mapping the layout in his mind and reporting back to us.

The base was quite large, over a four hundred square feet in length with two main entrances, one to the east and one to the south. The thugs had built a fortress similar to a castle of sorts, as if they were showing superiority and strength. There were only a few lookouts stationed outside the base, scattered around the walls and entrances.

Our battle plan was simple; Deidara would take out the guards with small explosions while Sasori and I entered in the two entrances. Sasori was to take out the center stronghold while I went to the east entrance leading underground. We were to kill everyone in the vicinity.

We were about to split up when Deidara grabbed my wrist for a moment.

"Be careful, (Y/N), un..." He said, squeezing my hand lightly. I nodded, flashing him a smile before I pulled away. It was pointless to return a comment on his safety, I wasn't worried about him. It didn't bother me that he cares about my well being either, it makes me feel wanted.

I ran swiftly over to my position, in the forest surrounding the fortress, behind thick brush and bushes, peeking out to get a view of what was happening.

Deidara was circling up ahead, preparing to take down the thugs on watch with his exploding spiders. I watched him drop his masterpieces, clearing my path with silent combustion. I flinched when I saw the fumes, wondering how painful their death could've been.

I snapped to attention, stabilizing my task in my mind. I scanned my area to make sure it was clear before I crept forward, concealing myself in the shadows for safe measure. I skirted the far edge of the tall stone wall, keeping low and silent.

I stopped near the edge of the wall, flashing out a kunai from my pocket, observing the reflection to view the entrance. Only one guard was posted there, an easy stealth kill. I tucked the kunai back into my pouch before taking out my summoning scroll.

Carefully rolling out the paper onto the ground, I bit my thumb to release some blood before placing it onto the seal for summoning. Widow's body appeared before me, long red hair so welcoming and familiar to me, making the excitement rush through my veins.

I disconnected one of her arms from the join, revealing a sharp blade protruding from the wood, one of many hidden mechanisms. Without even giving it a second thought I flung the arm around the corner where I heard the blade make impact with the flesh of the guard.