KM ㅡ 44

A stream of a guitar welcomed Chaeyoung's ears

A stream of a guitar welcomed Chaeyoung's ears. The notes are too familiar for her that she doesn't have to think further who could the caller be. She already guessed the person behind the call.

She grips her phone as she listens to every word of the song sang by her past lover that wants her back.

Irene.

✆"Irene singing] Don’t you know me? The reason I’m here is because of you. But my eyes tingle with the cold, so I can’t say anything. I just look toward you by myself."♪♪

The first line of the song got Chaeyoung's eyes to feel hot and later she knows, water started forming inside them.

✆"Even if the tip of my heart hurts like this. Even if the tip of my hands trembles like this. I can only think of you."♪♪

Recalling the day they separated, Chaeyoung was feeling this way. Never thought Irene would feel the same.

✆"The person I miss like crazy. The words I want to hear from you like crazy. I love you, I love you – where are you? The person I long for, who is deeply stuck in my heart."♪♪

Hearing the chorus makes Chaeyoung weak for it is how Irene felt for this whole time.

The feelings never change and remained the same but what unclear for Chaeyoung is why does Irene have to hurt her when she could have just told her the truth. Whatever may it was, the girl will understand her.

✆"I want to cherish you forever."♪♪

Singing the line, that got Chaeyoung confused about her feelings towards the person who stayed beside her and made her smile and also the one who left her and made her cry.

Although, stranger at first. The two became good friends as both of them needed someone to listen and understand their story.

✆"What do I do? You were so cold to me. But I still miss you."♪♪

Recalling their meeting last time. Chaeyoung realized her actions. She was indeed cold towards Irene. After all, she was being dumped just like useless trash.

If Irene could have been honest about her issue about her parents, Chaeyoung could have understood her and will accept the future between them. But dumping her and coming back as if nothing painful happened is nothing more painful than being throw in a canon.

And the chorus of the song came again, no less or more, Chaeyoung got the same feelings and emotion on the lyrics. Every line is just too confusing and painful for her to hear.

✆"Please tell me that you cherish me. Please don’t blankly erase me. Because you’re my everything."♪♪

She has come far. Irene has delivered it. That line just gives a pang in Chaeyoung's heart. Her head aching, from all the images of memories flashing back in her head.

She did not erase Irene in her life but rather than kept their memories because it is painful to remember. Chaeyoung did not forget her. Not at all.

✆"The person I miss like crazy. The words I want to hear from you like crazy. I love you, I love you – where are you? The person I long for, who is deeply stuck in my heart."♪♪

Although not in her present sense, Chaeyoung could hear how Irene's voice cracked as she sings her feelings.

They have been friends for a long time and shared precious memories that other friends don't do. As for how fast they realized their feelings with each other is as to how fast they ended things between them.

It's just heartbreaking to remember. To the fact that the person you cherished is fooling behind you.

✆"I want to cherish you forever
I love you, I love you."♪♪

The last line has come and the song has come to end.

Everything is just as how confusing as it is as the two separated without closure. But Chaeyoung is more confused. Her questions since the day Irene leave left unanswered.

✆"Chaeyoung..." Irene voiced in the other line. ✆"I'm sorry for everything... I hope to get another chance for us to talk again and clear things between us."

Irene sighed followed by a long silence.

✆"I'm sorry for bothering you but I'm glad you let me finished the song... Again, I apologize. Have a good night sweetheart."

As told, the call ended after Irene send her good night. She doesn't want to bother the girl, Irene just wanted Chaeyoung to hear the message in the song.

The silence reigning for a moment but Chaeyoung couldn't handle her emotions anymore. Their memories are just too precious to buried that she breaks out into loud sobs and strong tears.

She cried with confusion reigning her sense. She doesn't know what to do after hearing the other party. All she wanna do is cry.

Cry and cry to escape this night.