Kitsune's Arrival

Kuruma's Pov:

There, between the trees, was the gate of Konoha. The gate that neither of us would think to step across again. I looked down at the hand of the other. As expected: trembling. 

"Here, crybaby." I teased as I held onto the trembling hand. He pouted a little but returned a "thanks".

"It's warm, as always."

Then up ahead we were rudely greeted by two ninjas. 

"Who are you?" they demanded. Oh, if only I could kill them now. I gritted my teeth and would have ripped their heads off if I wasn't holding to my kit's hand.

"The Kitsune," he said sternly, which sent a chill through the air. The two pathetic shinobis immediately stood straight and bowed. 'Ha'.

"O-our apologies Kitsune. Please, allow us to show the way to the Hokage's office."

"No need." We shunshined, leaving the pale shinobis gaping.

At the Hokage's office - Third Pov:

*knock knock*

"Who is it?" the Hokage asks.

"The Kitsune"

"Yes. Please come in," slightly nervous to meet his guest. The door opens and the two hooded figures meet the Hokage. There was an eerie silence. The Hokage was the first to speak, "First of all I would like to welcome you to our humble village. It is very rare to meet such a well-known man like you."

"Same to you Lord Hokage or more known as in the wider world, the Yellow Flash," Kitsune politely replies. Both hooded figures did well to mask it but almost threw up over his own words. 

"Before we get started would you two mind taking off your hoods and mask," asks the yellow head. There was a pause.

"I don't mind the hood but they mask stays, though my partner thinks otherwise. However, you must order your ANBUs to leave the room. Our faces are for the Hokage only. ," demands kitsune. A squad of ANBUs then appeared from their hiding. One of them took the courage to speak up.

"I'm afraid that cannot happen. We are in charge of the Hokage's safety. You can't just come here and order him arou-" he argues but was stopped when the Hokage raised his hand.

"It's not nice to be rude to our guest, after all, it's about building trust isn't it?" The Hokage gestures them to go to which they hesitantly sunshin away.

The shorter one took his turn first revealing a 5ft 10 man with straight, crimson red hair that barely brushed his shoulders and his mask staying on. The Hokage stared at him for a while and then smiled.

"Could you please release the henge. I cannot trust you if you are not who you say you are."

"....."

'Of 'course, he would see through such a sloppy henge' the fox communicated in the mind space.

'I didn't realize the dumb man was smart enough to sense it,' the boy defends. "Fine," he sighs. His partner could tell that his composed act was starting to breaking, but lifts his hand up anyway. "Release!" A cloud of smoke appears. The Hokage had to squint his eyes to try and find the man but somehow lost half of him. As the smoke calms, the man shifted his gaze down to a boy no older than 12. It caught him speechless. The young boy's pastel, blonde hair was short and ruffled on his fair face. His mask still sat perfectly on his face and his ominous red eyes glowed.

"You're the Kitsune!" the Hokage questions.

"Yes"

"YOU'RE THE KITSUNE!"

"YES, Lord Hokage. I had a henge to hide my appearance because no one would expect a small little boy to be a mercenary! And no one would give work to a child! Now, could we please carry on." the 4ft 9' shouted a little, he was losing his patience and so was the other.

"My apologies for my behavior, I am just surprised." The ninja gave a huff in response. Next, the 6ft man reluctantly revealed himself. His crimson red hair stretched down past his shoulder and wrapped around his agitated face.  He had blood red eyes with a slit and a face slightly tanned. But what shocked the leader the most was a pair of fox ear that sprouted from his head. His mouths were gaping slightly.

"W-why. H-how you-, What?" he hesitates, confused at the sight.

"The ears? That's none of your damn busi-" the fox exclaims, puffing smokes of anger. His companion cupped his mouth from potential cusses.

"Lord Hokage could we please focus on the matter at hand." The leader took a few seconds to compose himself.

"O-of 'course. Yes, the mission." *eh hem* "In a few days time Sunagakure and Otogakure will be coming to our village for the chuunin exams. We have been watching them prior to the event for any suspicious movement and we suspect that a dangerous rogue is lurking around. One of the legendary sannin, Orochimaru."

"Then I assume you want me to... protect this village and persecute the mentioned rogue." The boy had to force out the word protect.

"Yes," he nods.

"At what price?"

"I was thinking 500,000 Ryo." He smiles proudly at his fair price.

"HAAA? You must be kidding. Even Gato's head costs higher than that!"

"Kura" the younger sternly whispers. The older grunts and throws his hood back on to hide his infuriated expression and mouthed curses. "But I have to agree with my companion. Who I am targetting is the legendary sannin, Orochimaru. I will not waste my time for low prices."

"I'm sorry. I see your point. So what would you say is a reasonable price?"

"5,000,000 ryo." The Hokage chocked at the Kitsune's words.

"Isn't that a bit high?" Kitsune wasn't happy at all.

"Who I am possibly dealing with is a dangerous rogue who can potentially destroy your village and the people in it. If you can't pay then I honestly don't mind leaving," he comments coldly and turns to leave.

"W-wait It's possible. I am just very surprised today," sweating a little. The blonde man just manages to save it. The Kitsune turns back to face him.

"I see. However, if you are doubtful, I can compensate. We will do this mission for 500,000 ryo, ONLY if Orochimaru doesn't appear."

"Thank you for understanding Kitsune," the man relieves.

"So when are the chunnin exams?"

"In a couple of weeks."

"Excuse me, what?"

"Two weeks..."

"I am sorry Lord Hokage, but we  don't stay in a village for long." " Especially not this one," he mutters inaudibly.

"We were not expecting you to come so early, but please stay. I'm certain you will enjoy it here and the villagers will welcome you without a doubt," he lies.

"I'm sorry but I must decline your offer. I will return in two weeks for the mission." The two turn to leave. When the door slammed open.

"Otou-san! We're back!"

A/N: I think my writing got worse....