Chapter 3- would you give me a chance?

Ugh. I woke up from a terrible headache, I went to touch my forehead before even opening my eyes and felt a sting coming from my hands, I burst my eyes open to check how much I hurt myself to find blue-ish white walls surrounding me and an IV attached to my arm. Why am in the hospital?
    "Hello?" I said to the empty room, hoping someone might hear me. Suddenly I heard the door slam open and Shane was standing in front of me, looking worried.
    "Tailyn! You Blacked out in front of the bulletin board last night! Pierre even had the nerve to just scoot you to the side and ignore you! I didn't want to see you get trampled because I don't wanna be a witness to your murder I guess." Shane said obviously trying to cover up the fact he cared about me
     "I can smell bullshit, Shane. It's quite the talent if I do say so myself. You totally still care for me, and your oh so horrible at hiding it, dude." I chuckled as I said it. He looked to the side but I could still see him blushing, does he really think I can't see?
      "When the doc letting me out?" I asked to change the subject considering it clearly makes him nervous.
     "I uhm signed the um release paper things a bit ago er so you can uh go at um anytime I guess," Shane said clearly taken back. I detached the IV from my arm and walked over to Shane and hugged him, he didn't hug back out of pure shock and I whispered in his ear
     "You've always been a bad liar, Shane." And I walked out of the Clinic. Harvey waved at me as I walked out so I smiled too. I decided to head eastern since I hadn't explored that part of town yet, and when I saw big blue joja letters I almost had a panic attack. I decided to walk in to see what the deal was, only to be met by stiff, unnatural joja air. I was about to exit because the air was already hurting my throat. But a man who thinks he was charming came up to me and tried to sell me an overpriced membership.
     "Why hello! You must be new here? Everyone else has made the smart decision to shop here and save money! Don't you wanna be like them? Sign here and donate a bit of gold now and you will thrive!" He said and tried to hand me a pen
      "No, you're lying to me," I said and threw the pen at his face. A bit aggressive for my taste but I didn't have much time to think about it because there was a tap on my shoulder.
    "You're just as sassy as you were when you were 7," Shane said. His words stung quite a bit considering I knew he only thought of me as a 7-year-old and it made me sad... All I wanted was to be his friend... Right?
    "Heh, yeah I guess so, ". I walked out of the jojart and down all the way to the Black smiths shop. The owner of the shops me was Clint, he himself was particularly shy, but he loved talking about how his father, his fathers' father and his father's fathers father had all been blacksmiths quite interesting really! I exited the shop soon after and walked down to the Archaeology office, which I expected to be a museum. Unfortunately, when I walked in there were no display items but one sad old man named 'Gunther' He explained that the previous curator ran off with all the museum items as that he would truly appreciate if I brought in anything I found, no matter the value. I agreed and promised to make no exceptions to that rule. After that, I walked back towards Marines ranch but instead stopped at Emily's house. She was cooking, but glad to welcome me inside. We talked for a few hours until.
     "You know that boy Sam, I think he totally has a thing for you!" Emily said cheerfully.
     "Pshhh Nah, it's only my 4th day here Emily! Besides me and Sam are just friends, maybe one day we'll become closer, but not for a long while." I said and looked at her.
      "The possibilities are endless, Tailyn!" She said to me as I walked out the door and headed back towards my humble abode, and made sure to water my parsnip which was down to 14 because a nasty crow ate one while I was away. After that, I went inside to take a nap but ended up falling asleep for the night. Shane raced through my mind, constantly, neverendingly, like he was trapped.

A/N HI I'm so so sorry that this is like half a normal chapter. I felt extremely uninspired for this chapter, but I have a bunch of ideas for the next chapter!.  As Always, thank you so very much for continuing to read this book, I promise I'll upload tomorrow! I love all of you
                           -Elaina