Part 4: The Tables Turn

Chapter 10: Girls’ Night Out

The next day we came to school, Olivia and Angela were surprisingly depressed. “What’s up with you two?” Angela’s friend, Melody, was curious why the usually happy girls were upset. I sat and listened to their whole conversation. “We’re fine, Melody.” Angela and Olivia both sighed. Melody was now confused. I could tell by her tone of voice. “No really guys, what’s wrong?” Olivia mumbled something I couldn’t make out. Suddenly, Melody shouted with surprise and sympathy. “WHAT? TREY AND JUSTIN BROKE UP WITH YOU? MY GOSH!” I peered at them from the locker I was hiding behind. Angela was pressing her pointer finger to her lips aggressively towards Melody. But, Melody just couldn’t keep her comments to herself. “WHY, I TOLD YOU THEY WERE BOTH ROTTEN SCUM!” At this point, I thought Angela was going to round-house kick Melody in the face. “Melody, calm down. It’s nothing you need to worry about!” Angela clutched Melody’s shoulder and walked her into the lounge. “Here you go.” Angela handed Melody a dollar. “Use this to buy a soda or a snack and calm yourself down.” Angela shut the door, and ignored Melody’s ranting on how horrible she thought all boys deserved a trip to the office.  I walked over to Oliva and Angela to ask if they were okay. “Hey guys.” I looked at both of them and they were smiling. “We knew you were eavesdropping the whole time.” Oliva giggled a bit. I was a bit puzzled. Why aren’t they mad at me? “I guess you found out the news a little early!” Angela smirked. My stomach turned. Am I in trouble? Angela patted my back. “We were going to tell you anyways, so don’t be nervous.” I thought I that I should have said something. “Uh… I guess it’s our little secret. Except for Melody knowing about your secret.” Olivia rolled her eyes. “Don’t worry. It’ll be all over the school anyways! Melody’s big mouth will tell everyone after she’s done with the snack we gave her!” We all giggled a bit. After we finished our school day, we decided we should have a “girl’s night out” at Angela’s house. It was a Friday, and we had planned the whole night together at lunch. First, we were going to the Kodak theater to see “The Strange”, which was a new movie about a few misfits that are morphicons, (they can transform into animals), that save the Earth from the evil Dr. Flakers. Next, we planned to eat dinner, (a small dinner, of course. We would have been half-full from popcorn!) We thought that Mama Marie’s Pizza would be a great place because we would get discounts on the pizza, and my Grandma owns the place! After that we would walk to the nearest convenient store and by some soda and candy. Then, we would go home, watch movies, and do all of that other sleepover stuff. I got my clothes packed, and rode to the Kodak Theater. Angela and Olivia were already there. We walked inside, bought tickets, got snacks, and watched our movie. After the movie, we walked to my grandmother’s pizza shop. On our way, we chatted about the movie. “My favorite character was Henry.” Olivia expressed. “Who was that again?” Angela looked quite confused. “The one that could turn into a fox! Duh!” Olivia shouted at Angela. We were getting close to the pizza shop. I started to feel kind of hungry. “Hey look! We’re here!” Angela opened the door for us. We stepped in and sat at a table. Olivia grabbed us menus and we ordered our food. We ate, bought our candy and soda at the convenient store, and went at Angela’s house. Once we got there, we got unpacked, sat down in Angela’s room, and drank some soda. “I have a feeling this night will be a great night…” Olivia sipped her soda after saying this. We all went to find a movie downstairs to watch all night. “Oh Oh! I found one! How about this movie called, “The Wolf Who Sang all Night!” I looked at Olivia and Angela to see if they agreed. Angela gave me a thumbs-up, and Olivia nodded anxiously. I read the back of the movie case aloud. “One night, Phil Jones, (Alex Neumann) finds out his father has left him. The next day he meets a strange old man, (Donny Schneider) that tells him to go to Misty Pond, where the wolves live. Phil Jones walks down to Misty Pond, and he gets bitten by a werewolf. Every full moon night since then, Phil transforms into a werewolf and you find out what happens next.” Olivia clapped her hands. “Sounds great! I’ve always wanted to see that movie! Alex Neumann is so hot!” Angela looked at her in disapproval. “Eh. I hate Alex Neumann, but we should watch this movie. After all, It is about werewolves!” We all ran upstairs feeling super giddy and excited for the rest of the night that lay ahead.

Chapter 11: Werewolves, Werewolves, and More Werewolves

After watching the wolf who sang all night, we were actually tired. This was surprising to us because, well, we just drank about ten soda cans and ate five cookies. Each one us, that is. We laid down to fall asleep. Before we knew it, we were asleep! But then, things got strange, really strange. I had a dream that Angela and I went to Misty Pond, and Olivia turned into a werewolf. Olivia chased us into Angela’s house, and I turned into another, ferocious werewolf. Olivia and I had a fight to the death, and Angela just disappeared. When I woke up, I told everyone about the dream, and they just looked at me like I was crazy. “What? I didn’t even know you could dream that way… It just seems so….violent!” Angela stated. I thought it was perfectly normal to dream. I read in a book once that the only people who don’t dream have mental or behavioral problems. By the way, that means those people are crazy. Eventually my dream had been spread across the school like warm butter on toast. Everyone pointed and giggled at me when I walked to my classes. There was this kid named Tyler, who always teased me about the dream. “Oh look! Werewolf girl’s studying the solar system! What’s your favorite part? Learning about the Moon?” Everyone laughed at me. This whole werewolf dream had brought absolute terror into my life. My only friend left was Olivia, but I didn’t know that at the moment. “Hey, I know you might not want to know this, but Angela is the one who told the whole school about this.” I looked at Olivia in shock. “Wh-What? She would never-“ Olivia looked down at her feet. “Yes, she did.” I started to see tears roll down Olivia’s face. “I’m sorry Jennifer, I really am.” At this point, Olivia was crying her heart out. “I tried to stop her from telling the popular kids, but…” Olivia coughed. “I wasn’t fast enough.” Olivia stopped crying, but I could tell that she was still sad. I wanted to cry too, but I tried as hard as I could to hold it in. “She started this? Is it true? OR are you just having a mental breakdown?” I shook Olivia, trying to get the truth out of her. “Yes, Yes! It’s all true!  All that I told you earlier! That’s true!” Now, I knew she was my only friend. Out of five-hundred and sixty-two kids, Olivia was my only friend.