Chapter 5: What's Normal?

x Natalie x

I tapped my finger nail on the counter repeatedly. I couldn't believe Zayn had a conference and he didn't even tell me. Like , why the hell make plans if you know you already had some originally?

Courtney looked up from her iPhone and in the corner of my eye , I noticed her staring at me. "Natalie?" she called.

I remained to tap my finger in the thoughts of Zayn.

"Natalie!" She shouted.

She snapped her finger in my face and I shook my head in shock and looked up.

"What?" I asked.

"You've been taping your finger for an hour" She added.

I looked down to notice my hand still taping. Courtney rolled her eyes and held her hand to mine making it stop.

"You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I mumble sitting back in my chair. Courtney sighed and pulled up a chair and sat in front of me.

"Natalie, I know you're upset about Zayn" she admitted. I shook my head.

"I could care less about Zayn and his stupid interview" I snapped.

"It's a conference and we've already missed like half of it !" Courtney corrected. I shrugged my shoulders,

"Who cares what it is, I don't care about it" I burst. Courtney sighed and gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry" I blurted, realizing I gave my best friend the worst tone of voice ever. She smiled and nodded.

"It's okay, I understand you're feeling mad about Zayn." She insisted. I looked at her like she was insane.

"Courtney, I'm fine, it's no big deal" I mumble .

"Really? You sure it wasen't?" Courtney asked, I nodded.

Courtney smirked.

"Oh okay, well, I don't wanna miss it, so would you like to watch it on T.V. with me?" Courtney wondered. I sighed.

"Sure" I lied. I really didn't wanna see Zayn right now, Or even think about him. But I just couldn't stop.

Courtney nodded and she turned on the T.v. and the boys we're on.

"So boys, tell us, did you have your eyes on anyone special while being on the x-Factor?" The interviewer asks.

I rolled my eyes as the boys laughed. "Mary was someone I and Louis used to like, we would fight over her all the time" Harry added.

Courtney started to laugh. She looked at me and I sighed.

"How about you Liam?" the interviewer asks.

Liam cleared his throat. "Well, back then It was Cher, but she was way older than me, But I'm happily in a relationship at the moment" Liam admitted.

"Aww, good for Liam, he told them about Dani!" Courtney cooed. I sighed. "What about Niall?" I ask.

Courtney turned. "What about Niall?"

"Did he tell?" I asked in an instant worry.

"Tell what?" Courtney asked in startle

"That you and he are dating" I burst. Courtney looked at me with wide eyes and straight back to the T.V. screen.

"What's her Name Liam?" the interview asks.

Liam sighed. "Danielle, and she's very beautiful and the most sweetest girl a guy could meet.

The crowd awed and Liam chuckled.