3

No One's POV

"Welcome back, I see you brought in new survivors," the stranger smiled, their eyes scanning the seven unknown men. They were no longer tied, their limbs free from the tight rope that almost cut their blood circulation. 

Namjoon looked in awe, the sight of a functioning city fumed of life before him. An actual place without the fear of being killed by the dead. It took his breath away, the many sounds of laughter and normal conversations from the survivors inside the barricaded city bloomed a nostalgic hope. A warm feeling rose inside his chest, the melancholy emotions from a few days ago disappearing. 

The glittering city of Busan looked almost the same as it was before the zombie apocalypse; the huge skyscrapers still intact and functioning, the boats on the ocean still looked good as new, and the people dressed like nothing ever happened outside. It was a safe haven in the middle of an epidemic. But if this place truly was a such a stable and protected place, how come he and the others never heard news about it? Is this why survivors were seen uncommonly? Due to the fact that Busan held almost all of the remaining humans in South Korea?

For some, perhaps those ten months of the virus breaking out was not that bad after all if Busan held up. Some, might not even know the dangers that lurk in every street, every building, and every heartbeat the people outside felt. The people were safe here, ignorant to the real problems that roamed the cities of South Korea.

"Any news about the project?" G responded towards the man who stood beside her. She looked back, making eye contact with everyone as if she was inspecting their movements. She directed her gaze at Taehyung, her eyes wandering down to his arm. She knows something.

Underneath the sleeve was something forbidden to see. Taehyung felt chills down his spine, her gaze following his arm like a magnet. Hopefully, his secret won't be revealed too soon. It would a shame if everyone panicked when they only arrived.

"Still no improvements sadly," the stranger said.

Sighing in disappointment, G continued to walk towards a rather big building. The tinted windows reflected the sunlight, the inside not visible from the outside. A few vines from growing plants sprawled and latched onto the walls, the pure white flora of Moonflowers complementing with the other plants surrounding g the exterior of the building. Bright street lamps brightened the dark corners of the street, lighting a path.

Several soldiers passed the group without a glance, their firearms intact and marching towards the entrance of the barricade blocking the outside from the city. Their stomps vibrated as they passed, their black heavy boots making a loud thump! noise. Their attention was on the loud yelling from a higher level soldier, obeying every command given. It seemed as if this frequently happens, their face held no surprise nor fright as they made their way.

Hoseok watched as each one climbed up to the top, the guns aiming at bellow at the other side. A shot went off, then another, and another. The bright spark ignited burst like deadly fireworks. However, those 'fireworks' were no where close to pretty. It triggered a distant memory of his. Looking away, he continued to the group, catching up as everyone went inside. 

"Um, where are we?" Jin blurted out, watching as they entered the elevator. Squishing inside between Namjoon and Jungkook, he scrunched his face in discomfort. 

"In a building," Mingyu smirked, pressing a button. He watched amusingly as Jin glared at him.

"Yeah no shit. I meant, what building are we in?"

"We're taking you to your new place. Or, would you rather live somewhere else?" G spoke up, nudging her brother as he only shrugged. She faced the elevator doors, not caring to glance back.