5

Jin's POV

The familiar sparks ignited my view, the bullets piercing past the corners of my eye. But as the sound of many guns fired, everything seemed to slow down in front of me. I could barely grasp what was going on, my mind wanting to comprehend the gruesome scene. As bloodshed continued and the sound of agony replayed in my head, I didn't feel the tug that pulled me away. It felt like an old movie being implemented in my head, and it was awful.

I felt the beating of my heart drastically speeding. I didn't realize I was holding my breath, taking out a big exhale and another inhale. It keeps on getting worse, the situation civilization is getting in is what I meant. Although I could say my mentality could be as well. 

I saw Namjoon standing in front of me, his worried dark eyes staring back. He was moving his lips, saying something but everything was all muffled by the sounds of repeating shots and the bullets impacted the nearby walls. Beginning to hear clearly again, Namjoon's erratic calls came out as expected. 

"Hyung! Are you okay? You almost got shot!" he frantically looked around, his hand still had a grip on my arm. I directed my attention towards the others, their face pained in nervousness. 

I looked down, our shoes stained with the blood of fallen soldiers, and perhaps the innocent. Our bloody foot prints didn't stop, only ending when it led to us. I stared down, wondering how many soldiers have been wounded, how many had lost their own lives. Isn't this place supposed to be safe for the survivors? If so, how come the leaders don't do anything about this? Leaving the responsibility to the people who needed guidance and leadership. What did the outsiders want anyway? Why are they hostile to the only place that could possibly save them? But acts like this, I doubt they'll be taken in anymore.

I wanted to peak behind the building we were in. I wanted to see the other side, the outcome of the vicious sudden attack. Of course there would be dead bodies, corpses that drowned in their own pool of blood. It made me want to hurl, to let the feeling of disgust vanish from my system. 

Eventually, the sounds of gunfire stopped, but still many cried and yelled for help. Giving up to my curiosity, I peeked my head to the side, my pulse speeding. Perhaps it was a bad idea, because once my eyes directed themselves towards the battleground my heart stopped.

It looked like it was straight out of a horror movie. Red, red and more red. That vibrant liquid came frequently as I thought about it. Life being taken away was frequent. Whether from a zombie, or someone else. It was all to horrible sight.

"What the hell happened?!" a strange voice shouted in the distance. I noticed that the voice was a bit I don't know, old—like? It did also sounded young, so I'm guessing they were in their mid 30's or something but I can't really say. It is a bit rude to ask a woman their age. There still a lingering rigid feeling between the the frailness of their voice. It didn't seem like they were impressed at all. 

A wounded soldier limped towards the unknown figure, his breath heavy and face grimacing from the pain. A bullet wound was visible from his shoulder. He slouched, "Mrs. Chen! The outsiders were trying to force their way in! G, Mingyu and Yunho—"

"Where are they?" the woman—Mrs. Chen looked eager to see where the three were. She looked rather dull when the soldier talked about the situation, and rather was more focused on where those three were. Something wasn't right. As I've heard, she was the leader of this place, right? How come she's not worried? Doesn't seem like a responsible person.